0 0%
  • Only if something else (specify)

0 0%
  • No

2 9.52%
  • Not even interested

3 14.29%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Kingdom MEGATRON (BEAST)

Default Toy Review - Kingdom MEGATRON (BEAST)

MEGATRON (BEAST)
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - War For Cybertron
    Sub-sub-line - Kingdom
    Size/class - Leader
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 1
    Released here - Yeesss
    Approximate Retail Price - $100
    Approximate Size - 2dm
    Allegiance - Predacon
    Alt-mode - Tyrannosaurus Rex
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Can hold 5mm post blast effects
    Main Colours - purple, violet, magenta
    Main Accessories - Rubber ducky

PICS

Beast Mode
    • Length: 30cm. Height varies depending on pose, but each leg is 14cm long.

• The beast mode parts are made from a rubbery flesh-like plastic with a leathery feel.

• The gaps in the beast mode don't look as bad IRL as they do in photos, although they are certainly noticeable. They basically exist to allow for articulation in beast mode, particularly on the neck and tail. The lateral neck panels are spring loaded to help maintain inward pressure and minimise the gap.

• The detailing on the sculpting is quite impressive, including teeth, tongue, upper palate and jaw muscles.

• The green and beige accents on the dorsal and ventral sides is really well done, particularly with the airbrushing.

Robot Mode
    • Height: 19 centimetres up to the top of the head, or 2 decimetres including the top of the backpack kibble.

• 26 points of articulation.

• Magnificently detailed sculpting based on the cartoon model. Predominantly magenta and gunmetal grey robot parts with silver accents.

• Dino mouth has a 5mm port to attach a blast effect to.

• Much of the dinosaur parts form a backpack which is fairly well compacted. Even the MP is a massive panelformer. The dinosaur hip panels are the bulkiest, but at this price point I think they've done well in minimising the backpack size.

• The left fist has a 5mm size hole, although tail part would make it impossible for him to hold most guns, but he should be able to hold melee weapons like a sword. I'll try it out later.

• Unfortunately the dinosaur tail component is not removable.

• For some odd reason the back of the robot head is completely magenta. Not sure why they didn't mould it in gunmetal grey like the rest of the helmet.

• The shoulders are formed from two ventral parts from the dinosaur's throat and groin, as opposed to other BW Megatron toys which form the shoulders from dorsal parts. As a result the shoulders are accented in beige rather than green. There's objectively nothing wrong with this, but it may bother some people in terms of it looking less BW-accurate.

OVERALL
    On the whole I would say that this is actually my favourite Beast Megatron toy. I have the original figure, I have the Robot Masters figure and I've handled the MP, but all things considered I think that this toy gives me the biggest bang for my buck. The main drawback are the gaps in the beast mode, but as mentioned before, they don't look as bad IRL as they do in photos. Highly recommended.

I have no interest in this what so ever as a Transformer. But as a general T-Rex fan, I love the Dino mode.

For myself I wont be grabbing it as never got into Beast wars but for my little boy who loves Dinosaurs and Transformers it looks like I'll be having to get it for him as it does look pretty good!

This is my most anticipated release for a long time. Where did you get yours Gok?
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Approximate Size - 2dm
    If you mean 20cm why not just say that, I don't think many people know what a decimetre is.

I didn't even notice this at first, but there is a tiny (2mm x 3mm) Predacon insignia tampographed on Megatron's crest!

SharkyMcShark: EB Games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranceblade View Post
    If you mean 20cm why not just say that, I don't think many people know what a decimetre is.
    It's not that hard to work out, mate.
    But congratulations on spotting that Easter Egg, which is a reference to me using decimetres in my reviews on Earthrise Cliffjumper and Gens Selects Hubcap - but not on my review on Trilogy Bumblebee (where I used centimetres) or Bug Bite (where I used metres)!

I always embed some kind of running gag or in joke in my reviews. Until now I usually have people just PM me saying that they spotted the joke or reference, but hey, cat's out of the bag now. See if you can spot any more jokes or references in this review and you too may win the highly coveted No-Prize.

Dorothy is that you?

Looks great. Love bot mode, nice n detailed. If i ever got this id need a rubber ducky

I appreciate a good decimetre reference. Nice review.

I have the MP version and adore it (the MP Beast Wars figures are my favourite subsection of Transformers toys) but I'll still definitely be getting the Kingdom version as something that I can muck around with and transform in less than 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Dorothy is that you?
    Don’t you mean Barney? That’s all I think about when I see this.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Don’t you mean Barney? That’s all I think about when I see this.
    Ah shes green. Yes barney. Though he has some green... maybe the offspring of the two!