Approximate Size - 2dm
Allegiance - Predacon
Alt-mode - Tyrannosaurus Rex
Main Features/Gimmicks - Can hold 5mm post blast effects
Main Colours - purple, violet, magenta
Main Accessories - Rubber ducky

PICS

Beast Mode
  • Length: 30cm. Height varies depending on pose, but each leg is 14cm long.

• The beast mode parts are made from a rubbery flesh-like plastic with a leathery feel.

• The gaps in the beast mode don't look as bad IRL as they do in photos, although they are certainly noticeable. They basically exist to allow for articulation in beast mode, particularly on the neck and tail. The lateral neck panels are spring loaded to help maintain inward pressure and minimise the gap.

• The detailing on the sculpting is quite impressive, including teeth, tongue, upper palate and jaw muscles.

• The green and beige accents on the dorsal and ventral sides is really well done, particularly with the airbrushing.

Robot Mode
  • Height: 19 centimetres up to the top of the head, or 2 decimetres including the top of the backpack kibble.

• 26 points of articulation.

• Magnificently detailed sculpting based on the cartoon model. Predominantly magenta and gunmetal grey robot parts with silver accents.

• Dino mouth has a 5mm port to attach a blast effect to.

• Much of the dinosaur parts form a backpack which is fairly well compacted. Even the MP is a massive panelformer. The dinosaur hip panels are the bulkiest, but at this price point I think they've done well in minimising the backpack size.

• The left fist has a 5mm size hole, although tail part would make it impossible for him to hold most guns, but he should be able to hold melee weapons like a sword. I'll try it out later.

• Unfortunately the dinosaur tail component is not removable.

• For some odd reason the back of the robot head is completely magenta. Not sure why they didn't mould it in gunmetal grey like the rest of the helmet.

• The shoulders are formed from two ventral parts from the dinosaur's throat and groin, as opposed to other BW Megatron toys which form the shoulders from dorsal parts. As a result the shoulders are accented in beige rather than green. There's objectively nothing wrong with this, but it may bother some people in terms of it looking less BW-accurate.

OVERALL
On the whole I would say that this is actually my favourite Beast Megatron toy. I have the original figure, I have the Robot Masters figure and I've handled the MP, but all things considered I think that this toy gives me the biggest bang for my buck. The main drawback are the gaps in the beast mode, but as mentioned before, they don't look as bad IRL as they do in photos. Highly recommended.