• No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 3.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - CYCLONUS (Kingdom)

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

pull the legs out a bit and he looks a lot better

This guy has lightpiping and looks so good, and I miss this simple but effective gimmick so much in figures nowadays.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Love him a lot more than I expected

Yeah, for shelf-posing the legs don't need to be so stumpy - they extend out to a much more 'natural' length. The knee joint is a little bit of a weak point in the design, but it's really the only part of the figure I can fault - the rest is extremely well done and solid.

OMG. This is a work of art. Absolutely fantastic.
    Robot mode has so much character and presence. Metallic purple is gorgeous as are the translucent bits in the abdomen. Alt mode is super sleek with no robot bits (I mean, sure you can see all his bits, but its not all kibblely like most TF aircraft).
    My only nit-picks are the fake wheels and lack of molded guns in alt mode.
    Strong contender for my Toy of Year! (Probs wont win tho - he has to beat Sky Lynx).

Edit: Forgot the biggest problem with this fig - I now have a completely useless deluxe RtS Cyclonus.
    Last edited by klystron; 12th February 2021 at 12:33 AM.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    OMG. This is a work of art. Absolutely fantastic.
    Robot mode has so much character and presence. Metallic purple is gorgeous as are the translucent bits in the abdomen. Alt mode is super sleek with no robot bits (I mean, sure you can see all his bits, but its not all kibblely like most TF aircraft).
    My only nit-picks are the fake wheels and lack of molded guns in alt mode.
    Strong contender for my Toy of Year! (Probs wont win tho - he has to beat Sky Lynx).

Edit: Forgot the biggest problem with this fig - I now have a completely useless deluxe RtS Cyclonus.
    I couldn't put it better myself. This figure is gorgeous, tolerances on my copy are that perfect balance of tight but not scary tight and pose-ability is a joy.
    If I had to say something bad about him it would be that he looks SOOO GOOD that he makes TR Galvatron look like a pile of snot next to him.

I can wholeheartedly state he might be in my top 10 best transformers ever, he really is that good

This is a Studio Series toy in a Kingdom box! Almost perfectly cartoon accurate robot and plane modes. And everything hidden with well designed and not difficult transformation. Plus working flaps, landing gear and 5mm ports under the wings for bombs. If they painted this more and made it bigger, it could be a Masterpiece. The only minor criticism is that the cockpit is upside down in bot mode.

Got my Cyclonus the other day and he is superb. Both modes are very impressive and large, no cheap or hollow feelings whatsoever. Really puts TR Galvatron to shame and accompanies SS86 Scourge well. RTS Cyclonus is probably one of my favourite Transformers figures that I’ve owned, and this toy very much feels like a modern extension and improvement on what it did right.

If I had any complaints, I would say the face can seem a little long or concave from some angles, and the knees don’t really seem to lock in any way, though they are thankfully quite stiff. Can’t wait for the (apparently very clean and cartoon accurate) leader Galvatron.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I just adore the transformation. I transformed the thing back and forth so many times over a couple of days as it sat on the side of my computer desk. I can't recall the last toy I just fiddled with so much (even more than Hot Rod). So very many fun and clever things they packed into it. And that jet mode is sooooooo sleek and so very NOT a brick...

Picked up one yesterday and cracked him open.
    The proportions and face look better in person than they do in photos. Robot mode is very sleek with not really annoying kibble bits, just what you need to make him look like him. nice articulation although I kind of wish his elbows bent a bit more. AMAZING light piping, it just manages to suck light from ? somewhere? to have awesome glow eyeballs. Its very good. Interestingly he has a very small section in the back of the head that just manages to always catch the light very nicely. A lot like Kup to be honest.
    I really like his size. He towers over Hot Rod and Kup and the articulation allows you to make him look down upon smaller 'bots. It's delicious. and makes me want Scourge now, so I need to hunt the tracker down now.

Transformation is nice, doesn't really provide any surprises but has some very nice folding out of the nose cone that I appreciated. I didn't appreciate the difficulty I had with getting the nose "antenna" out though. That was a pain in the ... finger. Overall a very smooth and logical transformation. I thought the instructions padded them out somewhat though, as it's not like it's all that complex.

Vehicle mode is WOW! Very sleek. Looks great and future plane. It's almost too hard to believe there is a robot hidden in there. Even when looking from underneath. He has a good size and is fun to swoosh around the house. It's cool that he has lots of points for mounting guns and jet effects. The flight stand plug is the same one used for robot mode, which is really hard to get to if you don't have the correct adapter piece (which I don't) so if I plug him on, it's a shoddy bit of plugging. However, I do see why they opted for this, as otherwise in robot mode he'd have a plug stand right in the middle of his purple pants at the front.

Overall a good solid figure. Nice plane mode, nice robot mode and nice transformation.
    Now t find Scourge and await a comic coloured version of Galvatron! (I'm going for Target:2006 set up )