Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buzzworthy Bumblebee toys for Australian retailers

Default Buzzworthy Bumblebee toys for Australian retailers

Some news from Hasbro Australia, about the new Buzzworthy Bumblebee toyline that has just been released in America, mostly made up of a variety of previously released toys (and some aren't even Bumblebee toys).
    The toyline in America is exclusive to the US Target stores, but in Australia, they are being released to different stores (maybe one retailer here didn't want all of this extra stock in addition to all of the other Transformers toys coming out this year).

The details below (and the official images) are for the first wave, as there is another wave coming in the middle of the year, and we will be allowed to tell you which retailers are getting those ones AFTER they are officially revealed by Hasbro, or released in America.

Not all of the first wave is coming here, but the good news is... the one toy that collectors are most interested in from this label, is coming here (provided nothing happens to the shipment on the way here).
    DATES ARE ESTIMATES, based on when the stock should be arriving in Australia. (prices here are not yet known)

Studio Series Deluxe - YES - TARGET - END FEBRUARY
    SS15-BB DLX Mv6 Bumblebee (Camaro) with Charlie (minus add-on parts and stickers)
    SS26-BB DLX Mv5 WWII Bumblebee (armoured vehicle)
    SS40-BB DLX Mv6 Shatter (car)
    SS74-BB DLX Mv2 Bumblebee with Sam

(new) Bumblebee & Spike Witwicky 2-pack - YES - KMART - APRIL

Mv4 Age of Extinction Mega 1-Step Bumblebee - YES - KMART - APRIL

Cyberverse Spark Armor - NO
    Bumblebee & Trash Crash (redeco garbage truck from Grimlock pack)
    Megatron & Chopper Cut

Official images for reference...

Studio Series Deluxe - YES - TARGET - END FEBRUARY

(new) Bumblebee & Spike Witwicky 2-pack - YES - KMART - APRIL

Mv4 Age of Extinction Mega 1-Step Bumblebee - YES - KMART - APRIL

Cyberverse Spark Armor - NO

Last edited by griffin; 17th January 2021 at 08:02 PM.

Sorry, I'm pedantic but should be 74BB Bumblebee with Sam not Spike.

Also I'm very excited for the Bumblebee and Spike and look forward what else this line holds.

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    Sorry, I'm pedantic but should be 74BB Bumblebee with Sam not Spike.

Also I'm very excited for the Bumblebee and Spike and look forward what else this line holds.
    Oops... fixed.

I am amazed at the 11 steps for the spike in exo suit and bee combo set, it looks like a very simple transformation. (Not complaining, that set and the chibi style would be very popular on my house)
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I really hope they've improved the QC on Shatter. If they have then take my money!
    Probs gonna grab the Bumblebee and Sam set and definitely BumblejumperBee.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Wasn?t there also meant to be an MPM in this line? I suppose it was more of a rumour

Quote Originally Posted by CaminusPrime View Post
    Wasn?t there also meant to be an MPM in this line? I suppose it was more of a rumour
    Rumour I've seen is MPM Barricade reissue but there's still unsold stock in Toymate etc, so I wouldn't expect it here. MPM VW Bumblebee maybe also?

Quote Originally Posted by CaminusPrime View Post
    That could have been speculation because the mpm vw Bumblebee was listed for reissue on the us target website at the same time as the buzzworthy toys.

Kmart stores have often been found to put out shelf-tags 2-3 months too early (they must get details or alerts emailed to them for upcoming stock as soon as they are added to the system, even if they don't yet have the stock... and print out all of the shelf-tags ready), and I saw another one today that is for an item that Kmart isn't supposed to be getting until Late March - Early April.
    At Kmart Sunnybank Hills, the shelf-tag for the Buzzworthy Bumblebee 2-pack. (photo here of the shelf-tag, and the official image of the toy for reference)

Now we know what the price will be in Australia. $29 isn't great for this small figure, but in America it was US$15, compared to US$10 for their Core Class.... and our prices are often doubled from the US prices.

Damn that's more expensive than I thought it would it be. Sorry to say but the included Spike doesn't help at all, the Bee should've been sold by itself for $20, because for $29 you could grab the Netflix one.
    Anyway, I've updated my review thread, thanks for the info!
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.