Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JP Generations 2021 book for Autumn 2021

Default JP Generations 2021 book for Autumn 2021

Some good news for fans like me collecting the Annual Japanese Transformers Generations book, who thought that the Beast Wars Generations-styled book in December was the end of the series... the publisher Hero X has just announced by twitter that there will be a 2021 book, expected out during our Autumn (somewhere from March to May).
    My guess is that this is just a one-off delay for this volume, as the pandemic would have delayed a lot of projects, particularly ones like this that would require a lot of interactive work with TakaraTomy to photograph all of the toys from their vault.

Since they use the year on the cover that is the year after the toys that are being featured, this one should include mostly 2020 toys, along with some early 2021 toys (with the books being out in December, those early "next year" toys are often a pre-release look... but this time, if they are early 2021 toys, they will probably all be out by the time this volume is released).

I’m in.

It isn't listed on HLJ yet (that I could find), but this should be the Amazon Japan listing for the 2021 Generations book.

It is listed for May 13th, for 3300yen (which is currently about au$80).

Since it is on Amazon Japan, it won't show as being available for people viewing from Australia... and if it doesn't show up on HLJ, we will need a shipping forwarder to buy it from Amazon Japan.

And they've just officially revealed the 2021 cover art.

So, is MP Skids the odd one out since the rest have recent CHUG / SS toys, or is Skids getting a CHUG release soon as well?
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It isn't listed on HLJ yet (that I could find), but this should be the Amazon Japan listing for the 2021 Generations book.

It is listed for May 13th, for 3300yen (which is currently about au$80).

Since it is on Amazon Japan, it won't show as being available for people viewing from Australia... and if it doesn't show up on HLJ, we will need a shipping forwarder to buy it from Amazon Japan.
    It is available for preorder on HLJ now!

https://www.hlj.com/transformers-gen...-2021-tke92682

Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    It is available for preorder on HLJ now!

https://www.hlj.com/transformers-gen...-2021-tke92682
    Hopefully I get it this time... as I pre-ordered the Beast Generations book last year, and when I went back a month after it was released to ship it, the site said it was discontinued and I didn't have one.
    I then had to order one off Amazon Japan through a shipping agent (because Amazon Japan still don't ship here since the GST situation started), and finally got it last week... at a hefty price (it was already an expensive book, before all the extra hassle).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Hopefully I get it this time... as I pre-ordered the Beast Generations book last year, and when I went back a month after it was released to ship it, the site said it was discontinued and I didn't have one.
    I then had to order one off Amazon Japan through a shipping agent (because Amazon Japan still don't ship here since the GST situation started), and finally got it last week... at a hefty price (it was already an expensive book, before all the extra hassle).
    Damn.... mines still sitting in HLJ waiting for MP screamer to send with...

A sample image of a double page spread showing Kingdom Rodimus and SS Hotrod, was tweeted out (and also here).... which should be out in one weeks time.

Dropped in to my private warehouse at HLJ tonight