Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Retro Headmasters coming to Target Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I still have these exact TR figures in bags somewhere that I can’t sell/nobody wants.
    Same. I've had doubles of Hardhead (LG and HAsbro versions) I've tried to sell for going on two years now. Never had a single msg/click any bit of interest so I don't even bother listing them anymore. find it nuts that you put modern toys in a vintage box (not even a true vintage box as its thin and flimsy, not the same) and people go nuts for them.

Never got a Brainstorm myself, so will have a look for that one at least.
    Don't like my chances, their is like one Target about 20km from here, that usually gets nothing, and the other one in a major shopping mall is now gone / swapped into a Kmart. It's one of the more popular metro malls in the state, so it's not just regional.

People go nuts... you said it (and Hasbro knows it).

I thought to myself when these were announced that I would only consider getting them if there was a reasonable chance of getting all 7. Because of the box art, exclusivity and the apparently good-value price, I had a hunch these would be hard to obtain. Worse still, Target stores seem to get one case of 4 figures at at time - has anyone actually seen more than one of a figure to indicate more than one case?

My very first, and quite possibly only, sighting was of wave 2 at Perth CBD Target 2 days ago. I held them, read the tech specs, admired the figures and art, and after thinking hard... put them back and posted the sighting (hopefully not for some scalper). I decided buying them and never seeing wave 1 (Brainstorm, Chromedome, Mindwipe) and then looking up insane online prices would just bring me unjoy.

So, Batfan, I think your chances are slim. But if I see one, I'll grab it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    People go nuts... you said it (and Hasbro knows it).

G1 Chromedome was one of the first Transformers I had when I was a kid

I have never seen these in store. The vintage style packaging is attractive, but would be more interested if they had brand new molds or reissued the vintage toys. I guess already having the titans returns figures is enough, but also have the takara legends displayed in the boxes. I can?t justify triple dipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    I have never seen these in store. The vintage style packaging is attractive, but would be more interested if they had brand new molds or reissued the vintage toys. I guess already having the titans returns figures is enough, but also have the takara legends displayed in the boxes. I can?t justify triple dipping.
    ∆Wholeheartedly this!∆

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Just opened up my Highbrow (the box was beaten up a bit, so I'm still hunting for a better box one to keep MISB) to replace my Takara legends one. I hadn't seen photos online but didn't realise the head pic on the box doesnt match the headmaster insode (it instead matches the art, same as Takara). Disappointed ... I replaced the Takara one more because I wanted the grayish color over the white. I opened a hardhead to display and am selling talara one too, like the extra apps, but I opened the Chromedome and was just no impressed but the darker brown and the even whiter head, so am keeping my takara one despite thr clear windshield.

Still looking for a Skullcruncher too, Brookside in QLD has 8 on hold (dont know if wave 1 or 2, assuming 2? apparently they had a scanning issue when a customer wanted to buy the lot and they put them on hold until he picks them up or tells them he doesn't want them (I've tried, they refuse to sell them)).

I really want brainstorm, it sucks target online ships randomly. I really don't want to pay scalper prices on the bay though.
    ~

Checking the product page tonight (every few days I check it), it had the purchase tab up... but it would only let me buy one, so maybe there was just one currently in the system within range of my nominated store.

Hopefully it is one I haven't got yet.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Checking the product page tonight (every few days I check it), it had the purchase tab up... but it would only let me buy one, so maybe there was just one currently in the system within range of my nominated store.

Hopefully it is one I haven't got yet.
    Went in today to pick up the order and I'm really confused... it was NOT one that I already had.
    That just never happens with me... you just have to see how many Botbots and Tiny Changer duplicates I have, usually getting duplicates at a much higher proportion than random probability would suggest.
    This is so unprecedented, I've been distracted all day wondering what is going on... or what big bad thing is about to happen for this to get me into a false sense of security.

If the two that I have coming in the mail arrive, somehow I ended up getting all seven Retro Headmasters, with only 2 duplicates (which I had refunded at the store).