Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Retro Headmasters coming to Target Australia

Default Retro Headmasters coming to Target Australia

The Retro Headmasters weren't on any lists of expected upcoming toys for Australia in the last few months, so it was a surprise to be told today... we are supposed to be getting them in Australia. (YAY!!!)
    Both waves if there aren't any unforeseen problems in the next few months. (that's the usual disclaimer, as nothing can be guaranteed for Australia until the stock arrives in the country)

The first wave of four (Chromedome, Hardhead, Brainstorm, Mindwipe) should be in Target by early March.
    The second wave of three (Highbrow, Skullcruncher, Weirdwolf) should be in Target in the second half of the year.

So it's a bit like the Buzzworthy Bumblebee toys... if you are willing to wait, the toys will be here about 2-3 months after America and Asia. And if you aren't willing to wait, or fear missing out (or just don't have a Target handy... or expect Target prices to be shocking), import them when they get released overseas.

Wave 1...

Wave 2...

Oh wow!
    Can't wait for this, was thinking of getting a couple online.
    But in-store will be much better

Brainstorm here I come!

Hopefully the 'vintage' tag line doesn't make these any more expensive than their previous price.

I find Target as the store of choice a little confusing because many are either closing down or being converted to Kmart, will Kmart end up carrying these when the brand closes? https://www.9news.com.au/national/ta...0-6a72ce1b65cb

Quote Originally Posted by Flukey View Post
    I find Target as the store of choice a little confusing because many are either closing down or being converted to Kmart, will Kmart end up carrying these when the brand closes? https://www.9news.com.au/national/ta...0-6a72ce1b65cb
    That’s a good question. Though not all are closing/being converted

I feel like i picked a bad time to upsize my headmasters from deluxe to voyager. Guess i could just sell brainstorm and get this one

Quote Originally Posted by Gehirn View Post
    Hopefully the 'vintage' tag line doesn't make these any more expensive than their previous price.
    I hope not... and their retail price in America at Walmart was US$23, which is between their Deluxe and Voyager pricing... so I would expect about AU$40 here.
    Even though it has a Deluxe sized toy in the box, the US pricing is a fair bit more than Deluxe pricing, and the big fancy box is worth the extra dollars.
    Besides, we have retailers here selling Deluxe figures for $40... so I wouldn't have a problem with paying $40-45 for each. It would still cost a lot more to import them.

I'm more concerned about them being in Target, which like Kmart, is going to have a lot of sticky little fingers probing the boxes that won't buy them, but will damage them for us collectors.
    Or... they do like Kmart and damage the box or flap with security string. (something I need to warn the Hasbro person about... particularly if they want to get more Reissues in for Kmart)

Quote Originally Posted by Flukey View Post
    Hmmm... I'm not sure about the stores being converted to "K Hubs" as one of the concept images has the Target logo at the customer service desk, suggesting that you would probably still be able to click-and-collect from the Target website to that location... if the site doesn't stick with randomly selected items, making it too risky.
    The article does note that most of the Target stores disappearing or being converted are in regional areas, which will make it harder for fans outside of major cities securing exclusives. They do note that the Target brand is not going anywhere, and that they will be increasing their online side of things, so if they can offer some sort of free shipping option, the products could still be acquired domestically... provided they list things by individual item, and not by assortment or size (randomly picked).

Didn't even know these were coming, so it's a very lovely surprise. Target getting them isn't great, but at least they still do have sales on transformers overall from time to time.
    I know I'm a pessimist but I expect these will be more than $40-$45 here. We very rarely get good exchange prices.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

More G1 exclusives. Ha ha haahaa haaaha ha haahaa!!!!

I still have these exact TR figures in bags somewhere that I can’t sell/nobody wants.

I was hoping these weren't going to hit Aus, if for only one reason.. that being I wouldn't have to decide if I was going to get them or not. They do look nice!