Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rescue Bots Academy 2021 toys & 2022 Generic packed toys

Member Krayt has just found a new item at a Costco (I'd be guessing in Victoria somewhere), which is a re-release of a 2017 Rescue Bots toy, but in the new "plain" Transformers packaging that the recent Jet Plane Optimus was in.
    It is probably more proof that the Rescue Bots brand is indeed finished, by re-releasing a Rescue Bots toy without the branding.

The 2017 version... which I think ended up being here at Costco too, but I can't find the price.

Wave 2 of the Classics Hero Team re-release (minor redecos) is out in America (on Amazon and Entertainment Earth), so might appear here since we got the first wave here.

Rescue Bots Academy logo and red bar at top of packaging - alt-mode at top - Classic Heroes Team logo and character art at bottom

Wave 1 (wave 34) FEB 2021
    https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...-set/hsf0719aa
    TRA RBA ALLSTAR BUMBLEBEE (minor redeco car)
    TRA RBA ALLSTAR OPTIMUS (minor redeco trailer truck)
    The second wave breakdown on Entertainment Earth is a case of six figures, so the first wave must have had 3 of each (EE generally seems to sell sets instead of whole cases if they can break it up enough to not have too many unsold figures).
    Since wave 2 has two Heatwaves to one Chase, EE is only selling Heatwave on its own, and must have been selling a set with the single Chase per case.
    This would explain why Chase was twice the price of Heatwave on Amazon America, and as such, I have only bought Heatwave to compare the differences.

Wave 2 (wave ??) (??? 2021)
    https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...-case/hsf0719b
    2x TRA RBA ALLSTAR BUMBLEBEE (re-release)
    1x TRA RBA ALLSTAR OPTIMUS (re-release)
    2x TRA RBA ALLSTAR HEATWAVE
    1x TRA RBA ALLSTAR CHASE

In the comparison photo below, the Classic Heroes Team release is lighter red and yellow, but has a darker blue.

With BigW getting in both waves of the Rescan Classics Heroes, I now have the fourth one (Chase... which coincidentally is the "chase" of wave 2, being packed 1 to every 2 Heatwaves), and this shows the minor colour differences, and not just a reissue. All four have therefore had varying levels of colour differences.

On the new one, the blue plastic is lighter, the red paint is lighter, the yellow painted parts are a more golden colour, and the blue painted roof light is quite a bit darker.

Rescue Bots branded packaging is the toyline that just doesn't seem to want to die.

After a delayed release of the Classic Heroes wave 2 toys and the grey Bumblebee 3-pack, I was really thinking that that was finally it... but two more Rescan toys have been found on ebay from Europe, from two different waves.

Heatwave as a plane (completely new) in a wave of five re-release toys, including the Wedge cement mixer that was originally released in the 2019 4-pack.

Ratchet as a redeco Ambulance from Medix, with a new head. The rest of the wave is not known at this time, but the product number and new environmentally friendly packaging means that it was intended to be released right now (Dec-Jan).

My original idea that the Rescue Bots toyline must be over because there were several RB toys released in non-RB packaging, was obviously far from the truth, as we appear to have even more RB packaged toys coming, with a 3rd wave of the Classic Heroes Team coming, with Grimlock (would be the motorcycle, which was only just re-released in the Dino 3-pack) and Optimus Primal (probably the T-Rex toy from 2014).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    My original idea that the Rescue Bots toyline must be over because there were several RB toys released in non-RB packaging, was obviously far from the truth, as we appear to have even more RB packaged toys coming, with a 3rd wave of the Classic Heroes Team coming, with Grimlock (would be the motorcycle, which was only just re-released in the Dino 3-pack) and Optimus Primal (probably the T-Rex toy from 2014).
    Okay, maybe not Rescue Bots packaging after all... as we now have images of the 3rd wave, and even though the packaging still has the toys labelled as "Classic Heroes Team", it has dropped the "Rescue Bots Academy" that was on the first two waves.

The interesting thing is that the two new toys (Grimlock and Optimus Primal) are new moulds... something that I wasn't expecting, as this Classic Heroes line was originally just minor redecos, and with the end of Rescue Bots packaging, the toys just seem to be place-holding until Hasbro comes up with a new focused toyline for younger kids.

The other day I saw a big Trex Optimus Prime at Big W just like the small one just with lights and sounds added for $79

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    The other day I saw a big Trex Optimus Prime at Big W just like the small one just with lights and sounds added for $79
    That one is a redeco of an older Rescue Bots toy. I think the original was actually the first Optimus Primal with a T-rex alt mode.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Rescue Bots branded packaging is the toyline that just doesn't seem to want to die.

After a delayed release of the Classic Heroes wave 2 toys and the grey Bumblebee 3-pack, I was really thinking that that was finally it... but two more Rescan toys have been found on ebay from Europe, from two different waves.

Heatwave as a plane (completely new) in a wave of five re-release toys, including the Wedge cement mixer that was originally released in the 2019 4-pack.

Ratchet as a redeco Ambulance from Medix, with a new head. The rest of the wave is not known at this time, but the product number and new environmentally friendly packaging means that it was intended to be released right now (Dec-Jan).
    Just noting that Ratchet has been found at Kmart in Australia this week, in the Rescue Bots packaging seen in that news posting (see QLD sightings on March 9th).

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Did the rescuebot Dino's with the G1 deco ever come out here?