Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rescue Bots Academy 2021 toys

Member Krayt has just found a new item at a Costco (I'd be guessing in Victoria somewhere), which is a re-release of a 2017 Rescue Bots toy, but in the new "plain" Transformers packaging that the recent Jet Plane Optimus was in.
    It is probably more proof that the Rescue Bots brand is indeed finished, by re-releasing a Rescue Bots toy without the branding.

The 2017 version... which I think ended up being here at Costco too, but I can't find the price.

Wave 2 of the Classics Hero Team re-release (minor redecos) is out in America (on Amazon and Entertainment Earth), so might appear here since we got the first wave here.

Rescue Bots Academy logo and red bar at top of packaging - alt-mode at top - Classic Heroes Team logo and character art at bottom

Wave 1 (wave 34) FEB 2021
    https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...-set/hsf0719aa
    TRA RBA ALLSTAR BUMBLEBEE (minor redeco car)
    TRA RBA ALLSTAR OPTIMUS (minor redeco trailer truck)
    The second wave breakdown on Entertainment Earth is a case of six figures, so the first wave must have had 3 of each (EE generally seems to sell sets instead of whole cases if they can break it up enough to not have too many unsold figures).
    Since wave 2 has two Heatwaves to one Chase, EE is only selling Heatwave on its own, and must have been selling a set with the single Chase per case.
    This would explain why Chase was twice the price of Heatwave on Amazon America, and as such, I have only bought Heatwave to compare the differences.

Wave 2 (wave ??) (??? 2021)
    https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...-case/hsf0719b
    2x TRA RBA ALLSTAR BUMBLEBEE (re-release)
    1x TRA RBA ALLSTAR OPTIMUS (re-release)
    2x TRA RBA ALLSTAR HEATWAVE
    1x TRA RBA ALLSTAR CHASE

In the comparison photo below, the Classic Heroes Team release is lighter red and yellow, but has a darker blue.

With BigW getting in both waves of the Rescan Classics Heroes, I now have the fourth one (Chase... which coincidentally is the "chase" of wave 2, being packed 1 to every 2 Heatwaves), and this shows the minor colour differences, and not just a reissue. All four have therefore had varying levels of colour differences.

On the new one, the blue plastic is lighter, the red paint is lighter, the yellow painted parts are a more golden colour, and the blue painted roof light is quite a bit darker.