• Only if cheap

2 28.57%
  • Only if something else (specify)

0 0%
  • No

2 28.57%
  • Not even interested

2 28.57%

Thread: Toy Review - STARSCREAM (Cyberverse Deluxe)

Default Toy Review - STARSCREAM (Cyberverse Deluxe)

STARSCREAM
    Series - Bumblebee
    Sub-line - Cyberverse Adventures
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 5
    Released here - February 2021
    Approximate Retail Price - $29
    Approximate Size - 14.5cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Jet
    Main Features/Gimmicks - blast effect points
    Main Colours - grey, red
    Main Accessories - x2 guns, effect parts

I was hoping that the tailfin actually split and folded against his back, judging from your photos this doesn't seem to be the case.

Fun photos, but where is the review?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    Here.

Starscream, its time we have a little talk.

I m going to tell it to ya straight, because no-one else has the guts to say it to your face.

Starscream, its about your alt-mode.
    Yes I know you think you look cool with a retro-style UFO vibe, but.....

The other Seekers, Starscream.
    They re laughing about you.
    They re laughing behind your back.

You have visible kibble, and a franken-transformation scheme that twists you into a pretzel.
    What?s worse is that we can see your freaking hands when you fly overhead. Your freaking hands, man.

And dont get me started about your stability. Your bot mode is too heavy, and so youre wearing clown shoes with long heels.
    And those heels dont connect up right in alt-mode, so they often come up clipped mid-flight.

Youre one hot mess, but without the hot.

Even your Warrior class mode would be an improvement, and ain?t even going to start on the positioning of those 3mm ports for special effects that have you looking like their chest nipples. Are you expecting son? Cos damn, those things are perky
    Last edited by reillyd; 19th February 2021 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Punctuation
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    I was hoping that the tailfin actually split and folded against his back, judging from your photos this doesn't seem to be the case.
    The tailfin does split as part of the transformation and you can leave them open if you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    At 01:11? T'was too tired to do a write-up so I like the photos do the talking.

Anyway, this toy is very disappointing. I do think that it is better than the Warrior Class figure, but that's a very low bar. The robot mode is okay (not fantastic, but it's fine), but the jet mode is just a mess. As reillyd pointed out, the hands are plainly visible, but the worst thing is that gappy jet mode. It's just a really poor looking jet.

This toy reminds me of Beast Machines, only worse. It's trying to be Avant-Garde, but just fails in its execution. At least most BM toys succeed as Avant-Garde toys; sure, a lot of people don't agree with their design aesthetics, but they do succeed for what they're meant to be. This Starscream toy fails for what it's meant to be. BM Optimus Primal is a weird looking gorilla thing, but it's a solid weird-gorilla; there are no massively exposed holes in his beast mode. Same with Deluxe Jetstorm etc. My god... I can't believe that I'm actually complimenting Beast Machines! But yeah, if you dislike Beast Machines toys then you are going to revile Deluxe Cyberverse Starscream. The transformation isn't much fun either. Avoid.

I see the jet mode as an excellent idea let down by the fact it's given to a series that doesn't give a toss about collectors.

I have to say... is this actually a review?

I actually really like this guy! The jet mode is weird but I think fine for Cyberverse style, and the effects parts really make it POP!
    Robot is cool (I think the head is a bit low vs the shoulders), with good pose-ability and a cool look.
    Transformation is actually pretty wild - more advanced than a lot of Earthrise I think!
    Overall comes recommended!