Thread: Transformers Monopoly game for Australia in June

Default Transformers Monopoly game for Australia in June

The Transformers Monopoly game was revealed a month ago, and now we have word from Hasbro Australia that it is slated to come here around June.

Even though there have been 4 or 5 previous officially licensed versions of Transformers themed Monopoly released since 2007, this is the first one to be produced and released directly by Hasbro. (All of the previous versions were produced by other companies, with a license.)

The down side is that this new one is a smaller version of Monopoly, with just 7 squares between each corner, compared to the usual 9 squares.
    It also lacks some of the more significant Decepticon locations, like Polyhex, Helex, and Kaon... but that's just a fanboy thing.

The US retail price is said to be US$20, so if that ends up being true it would be here for somewhere around $35-40.

Last edited by griffin; 23rd February 2021 at 07:20 PM.

The Monopoly game is now listed on Amazon Australia as Australian stock, but not in stock yet (not supposed to arrive here for about another 4 months).
    It is $40, which is what I had originally estimated, based on the US retail price.

Can't wait to see this take it's place amongst the Monopoly legion

^ I wonder when Hasbro will realise Monopoly doesn't actually sell particularly well because everyone already owns it.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Toymate $40 but on sale currently $32 (20% off boardgames). Also managed to get another 5% off ($1.60) as Toymate member but that might have been a fluke as the policy states "The 5% Gold Member discount is not valid for category percentage offers (i.e. 20% off a brand or category) unless otherwise stated." Amazon AU is selling for $38.60 with free delivery currently.

Edit: found a review in case someone is wondering what it's about.

Last edited by Skyfire; 19th June 2021 at 09:15 PM.

The one I pre-ordered on Amazon Australia arrived June 8th... so it is good to see them arriving into stores now as well.
    It is just a shame that the first Transformers Monopoly set produced by Hasbro, is not a full size version of Monopoly.