Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beast Wars original toy reissues

Default Beast Wars original toy reissues

Coming later this year, a re-release of the original ultra class Optimus Primal and Megatron, deluxe class Cheetor and basic class Rattrap figures from the first year Beast Wars toyline

Hasbro has officially revealed the first wave of a Vintage Beast Wars line of toys.

These are the original toys with updated paint in classic style packaging. Primal and Megatron look to be using their Anniversary original molds. Cheetor has a sharp blue and yellow deco. Rattraps bubble card even seems to be using the rock bubble variant from years ago!

The deluxes will be USD $19.99 and the Leaders will be USD $39.99.

They will be available at the Walmart collector con on 3/15 which will feature new items from Hasbro and other brands. However, we have no official confirmation yet that they are Walmart exclusives. Assume that is the case with Wally’s previous vintage lines.
    https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/03/11/...or-2021-429867

More from the original source

The figures are part of Walmart Collector Con, a virtual toy convention featuring a whole slew of Hasbro and other brands. Star Wars: The Vintage Collection, The Real Ghostbusters and Transformers: War for Cybertron collectibles, as well as Walmart-exclusive Funkos, are all part of the event.

You can preorder the Transformers: Vintage Beast Wars figures beginning March 15 at 1 PM ET/10 AM PT.

Cheetor and Rattrap are USD $19.99, while Optimus Primal and Megatron will put you back USD $39.99 a piece.

All 4 figures will release August 1, 2021.
    Original source: https://www.ign.com/articles/new-tra...n-release-date

Kind of interesting that they're putting these out so close to the releases of the new ones. I guess these are more fan targeted than general population

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Kind of interesting that they're putting these out so close to the releases of the new ones. I guess these are more fan targeted than general population
    Yeah the beastie kids should be old enough now to be all yay! nostalgia. Then you read that it's a Walmart exclusive & settle back with a nice glass of Chardonnay, click on the TFW link & have a quiet chuckle.

I love the idea behind this.

I'm passing on this bunch simply because I own them all and still have them sitting in boxes (sans accessories). Cheetor and Rattrap I had bought for me when I was about 6, and Primal and Megatron I ended up picking up at a fan meet about 20 years later for $5 each. I don't really have the connection with any of them to warrant buying them fresh.

If we start talking about Transmetals thought... sign me up. By the time they came around I was old enough to pine after them and save my pocket money to go and grab one deluxe per month.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

IMO this is completely pointless. They were rumored to be Transmetals which would have made a lot more sense, but just putting out the original toys at the same time as the vastly improved Kingdom versions is just dumb.

I really want a comment from Hasbro on the Rattrap mould.

Hasbro said at a Botcon back in the day the mould was lost. So did they find it? Or did they make a new Rattrap mould much like they did for the Dino Cassettes a while back?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Did they neuter them
    as in the firing gimmick in optimus primal

reason i ask is im sure he had a deployable firing arm missle gimmick or something spring loaded missle
    Last edited by G1Optimal; 13th March 2021 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Clearification

Those weapons and missiles are a different colour. Mine are dark blue, not baby blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    IMO this is completely pointless. They were rumored to be Transmetals which would have made a lot more sense, but just putting out the original toys at the same time as the vastly improved Kingdom versions is just dumb.
    same could be said with the g1 prime and soundwave reissues with er prime and netflix soundwave on the shelf around the same time.

this is for nostalgia, wonder if we will get rid reissues (hopefully without issues this time) and UT reissues in the next 10 or so years

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post
    same could be said with the g1 prime and soundwave reissues with er prime and netflix soundwave on the shelf around the same time.

this is for nostalgia, wonder if we will get rid reissues (hopefully without issues this time) and UT reissues in the next 10 or so years
    Releasing the Transmetal moulds would have checked the nostalgia box and been a nice complement to the Kingdom versions. Instead we get nice new versions and worse bigger old versions. Fail.