Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix wave 3 toys

Default Netflix wave 3 toys

The 3rd wave of Netflix toys are set to be released in April (probably a little later in Australia), before the 3rd chapter of the cartoon is released on Netflix in July.

The first two have had their official images leaked, along with their product details... which means their official reveal should be soon as well.

(since the source of these images and info didn't reveal how they got it, and the text is clearly of Walmart origin, I only have to credit Walmart for it)

Transformers Toys Generations War for Cybertron Series-Inspired Voyager Sparkless Seeker Battle 3-Pack Action Figures – Ages 8 and Up, 7-inch

Build the ultimate battlefield inspired by scenes from the Transformers War for Cybertron series. This pack includes a Voyager Class 7-inch scale Sparkless Seeker figure inspired by the character as seen in the War for Cybertron series. With 45 deco ops and battle-worn details this is the most series-accurate version of the character. Features Sparkless deco, including rust and weathering to achieve that zombie bot look.

This Sparkless Seeker toy features classic Transformers conversion from robot to jet mode in 24 steps, and comes with 2 Null Ray weapon accessories. The pack also comes with Sparkless Singe and Sparkless Caliburst figures that convert to weapon modes in 5 and 6 steps. Build out a horde of zombie bots with other Sparkless figures! (Each sold separately, subject to availability.) Fun for adults and kids ages 8 and up!

Transformers and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro.
    Includes: 3 figures, 5 accessories, and instructions
    Figure scale: 7 inches
    Ages 8 and up
    Warning: Choking Hazard – Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.
    © 2021 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
    Manufactured under license from TOMY Company, Ltd.
    SERIES-INSPIRED FIGURE: This Sparkless Seeker figure is inspired by the character as seen in the War for Cybertron series
    ZOMBIE DECO: Features Sparkless deco, including rust and weathering. With 45 deco ops, this series-inspired figure brings fans the most detailed and series-accurate version of the character from the War for Cybertron series
    SERIES-INSPIRED ALT MODE AND ACCESSORIES: This Sparkless Seeker toy features classic Transformers conversion from robot to jet mode in 24 steps, and comes with 2 Null Ray weapon accessories
    INCLUDES 2 BATTLE MASTERS FIGURES: Comes with Sparkless Singe and Sparkless Caliburst figures that convert to weapon modes in 5 and 6 steps. Build out a horde of zombie bots with other Sparkless figures! (Each sold separately, subject to availability.)
    SPECIAL PACKAGING: When fans see the iconic red and white packaging they know they’re getting a figure inspired by the War for Cybertron series (each sold separately, subject to availability)

Transformers Toys Generations War for Cybertron Series-Inspired Voyager Optimus Primal and Rattrap Action Figures – Ages 8 and Up, 7-inch

Build the ultimate battlefield inspired by scenes from the Transformers War for Cybertron series. This pack includes a Voyager Class 7-inch scale Optimus Primal figure inspired by the character as seen in the War for Cybertron series. With 45 deco ops and battle-worn details this is the most series-accurate version of the character. As the past catches up to Optimus Primal and the Maximals, they must embrace new alliances.

The Optimus Primal toy converts to gorilla mode in 34 steps and includes 2 series-inspired Cyber Blade weapon accessories. Fans can imagine the Maximal leader giving orders to his second-in-command, Rattrap, with this Core Class Rattrap figure! Rattrap figure converts to rat mode in 19 steps. Fun for adults and kids ages 8 and up!

Transformers and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro.

Includes: 2 figures, 2 accessories, and instructions

Figure scale: 7 inches

Ages 8 and up

Warning: Choking Hazard – Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.

© 2021 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.

Manufactured under license from TOMY Company, Ltd.

SERIES-INSPIRED FIGURE: This Optimus Primal figure is inspired by the character as seen in the War for Cybertron series

ENHANCED BATTLE-WORN DECO: With 45 deco ops, this series-inspired figure brings fans the most detailed and series-accurate version of one of their favorite characters from the War for Cybertron series
    SERIES-INSPIRED ALT MODE AND ACCESSORIES: Optimus Primal toy features classic Transformers conversion from robot to gorilla mode in 34 steps, and comes with 2 Cyber Blade weapon accessories
    INCLUDES CORE CLASS RATTRAP FIGURE: Fans can imagine the Maximal leader giving orders to his second-in-command, Rattrap, with this Core Class Rattrap figure! Rattrap figure converts to rat mode in 19 steps
    SPECIAL PACKAGING: When fans see the iconic red and white packaging they know they’re getting a figure inspired by the War for Cybertron series (each sold separately, subject to availability)
    Last edited by griffin; 14th March 2021 at 09:32 PM.

I just want to comment that way too many of the Netflix toys are just lazy.... considering we got great remoulds of Bumblebee and Soundwave, so they had plenty of potential.

The Optimus Primal and Rattrap are very very similar to the regular release versions, where it is really just the shading or tone that's mostly different. They don't even look to have anything different with their accessories.

And the "Sparkless Seeker"... they already did a tetrajet redeco in wave 1. The colours on this one don't even make this one exciting to add to the Seeker Squadron.
    Considering Netflix packaged toys aren't a guarantee that those toys will even be in the Netflix cartoon, why not give us a conehead seeker deco, like Dirge. I know people will complain about no cone on the head, but remember that the original box-art for the Coneheads didn't have cones on their heads.

BTW, we should be getting Netflix toys at Kmart sometime after April... but since they only have their size code listed, I can't guarantee that we will be getting wave 3. We should... but I don't want to stick my neck out on that just yet.

At least this wave won’t be hitting in the middle of Xmas rush! And lockdowns!

Wave 3 deluxes, https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/03/13/...-429960#images

might grab a couple of drones (just to army build my Quint/Mercenary section) but that's about it with this Wave.. Very disappointing.

Any news on the expected Leader Class?

Quote Originally Posted by Flukey View Post
    Wave 3 deluxes, https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/03/13/...-429960#images

might grab a couple of drones (just to army build my Quint/Mercenary section) but that's about it with this Wave.. Very disappointing.

Any news on the expected Leader Class?
    Remember that purple paleotrex that leaked last year
    It’s apparently that with er or siege megatron and something elss

Autobot Cheetor - minor redeco - with the vintage reissue, that's three versions of Cheetor at Walmart... and in general for the rest of us. Seems like a wasted slot for a minor redeco.
    Autobot Deep Cover - redeco Sideswipe/Deep Cover - another wasted slot, as we have the darker deco out at the same time through different sources (which for many global fans would be through the same online stores they import through).
    Decepticon Sparkless Bot - redeco Siege Barricade? - I love the way they coloured the toy to make it look like something dug up from a kids backyard a decade later. It is so distorted visually, I don't immediately see it as being yet another (boring) use of that mould.
    Quintesson Deseeus Army Drone - black redeco Siege Ironhide - since the cartoon uses a lot of recycled moulds, this one probably makes sense... but to me it just looks like a black Ironhide. At least give it a new head.

I wonder if there is supposed to be a fifth toy, like the first two waves?

This round particularly feels uninspired with it's 'characters'. Sparkless Bot, Sparkless Seeker, and Deseeus Army Drone aren't names/identities at all, and Deep Cover could easily have been given a new identity.

And then the other three are the same bots already released (in Kingdom and Vintage) but I guess you get a free Rattrap if you'd waited for that Primal.

The Deep Cover reminds me a bit of the missed opportunity with Decepticon Mirage in wave 1, they couldn't have come up with a new identity for a blue Lambo? A few yellow highlights and he could have passed as an Armada Side Swipe homage.

Would have been great if they had completed the Lambos and just issued a Clamp Down instead of another Deep Cover

Quote Originally Posted by Tranceblade View Post
    Would have been great if they had completed the Lambos and just issued a Clamp Down instead of another Deep Cover
    Good point.

None of this wave appeals to me at all; but I'd be buying a Clampdown.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Wow, I won't be getting any of these. I'm sure the scalpers will still buy them up though. I can see some of these being sought after niche toys in time to come. And the $49 price was always a sweetener.

Maybe they'll restock some older waves as happened with Soundwave/Prime i.e. Megs/Hotlink. I bet there are still those wanting Soundwave for a nonscalper price.

Instead of Sparkless Seeker, I really wish they would make a Battlestar Galactica Viper crossover. I'd buy that in a second.