Thread: Kingdom w2 Embargo date being enforced by some retailers

Default Kingdom w2 Embargo date being enforced by some retailers

People have been reporting this week about Myer stores getting in wave 2 of Kingdom, but not being able to sell the stock because they won't scan.
    I'm not sure how some people were able to successfully purchase the stock (if the reports are true), but to my surprise, according to Hasbro Australia, there actually is a global embargo date of April 1st... and even though other countries are selling them (some stores might not care about the embargo or be able to enforce it), the release date is being enforced here by stores that are able to.
    This is really really unusual, to have an embargo on a non-movie toyline, and wave 2 at that (generally a release date would only apply to wave 1 of a non-movie toyline).
    But before anyone gets upset about it being unfair to us in Australia, just be aware that the 2nd wave isn't showing up at all retailers in the countries that they have already been found in, so we aren't the only ones... it is just that Myer was one of the first retailers to get the stock early to be ready for April 1st, and some of the stores were putting it out as soon as it arrived without realising it couldn't be sold yet.

Toyworld on the other hand, they don't have the same ability to enforce an embargo, so if you see the stock showing up there before April 1st, you are more likely to be able to buy it (at their higher prices).
    The other big retailers like Kmart and BigW probably won't get the stock sent to them until next week, as they are likely to also put it straight out and sell it.

Thanks griff, good to know. I'll hold off on going hunting for Dinobot and Airrazor for a few weeks.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I still don't understand what happened with that Earthrise wave 3 embargo where Big W had them, couldn't sell them, then they dissappeared. Really hope Big W brings them back because it's a dissapointment for collectors to have to sort to online if retail has them in stock, but can't sell them for whatever reason.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Seems odd that Hasbro is all of a sudden enforcing its embargos. Especially given I can order stock supplied by Hasbro America right now and it would arrive before they go on sale here.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

This would explain why Big W have been conspicuously lacking in Kingdom and haven't generally restocked Earthrise - they're going to do a Myer and stock wave 2 Kingdom.

Had Kgdm dlx Huffer and Kgdm dlx Airrazor preorders come in from Zing

Looks like they aren't bothering about the embargo date.
    I guess they are always so late with stuff, no one expected them to have products before their release date.

Yeah, just noticed here in QLD that Zing Morayfield has Ractonite in stock and available. But that's the only store I can see up here with him... all the other figures still state April release or have been pulled from the site other than Huffer who is sold out.

Aparantly zing release date for inferno is 24 march

Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy View Post
    Yeah, just noticed here in QLD that Zing Morayfield has Ractonite in stock and available. But that's the only store I can see up here with him... all the other figures still state April release or have been pulled from the site other than Huffer who is sold out.
    Huffer has re-appeared for order twice at least. I know because I tried ordering him and it was fairly quickly cancelled. Ractonite has arrived, but despite Airazor being "Out Now", the order hasn't moved even though I've got the "we'll be billing you soon" email.