2 14.29%
  • Only if (something else)

1 7.14%
  • No

7 50.00%
  • Not even interested

2 14.29%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Studio Series Shatter (car type)

Default Toy Review - Studio Series Shatter (car type)

SHATTER
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Studio Series
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 6
    Released here - May 2019
    Approximate Retail Price - $29
    Approximate Size - 13cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - 1971 Plymouth GTX
    Main Features/Gimmicks - falls apart^N/A
    Main Colours - red, black
    Main Accessories - x2 guns

Photos:

[u]Overall Thoughts[/b]
    * Looks great in both robot and vehicle mode, although I would've preferred a "clean face" head rather than a battle masked one. Hopefully the Jet Type SS will feature this (and have a head that's cross compatible with the Car Type SS).
    * No faction logos (a problem that plagues many Studio Series figures)
    * Transformation is a pain in the butt as this toy is prone to falling apart

↑This is the most significant flaw with this toy and really lets the figure down.

Those leg-body proportions are really bad. Reminds me of a Family Guy cutaway gag featuring Peter's aunt 'Legs go all the way up' Griffin.

I kept having the right arm and right bonnet piece of mine pop off. Probably at least 5 times for each.

Really like how this gal looks but yep, mine has arms that don't stay on and legs with messed up ball joints that also pop off :S

But as a 'don't fiddle with me much' figure she's pretty neat. Hoping for a jet that fixes these issues (like Dropkick's ver 2)

Looks awesome in both modes but the shoulders constantly popping off, as well as the front fenders detaching, are really aggravating. The hips are also very limited in articulation due to design. Not sure how it got past the testing phase but it makes me not want to transform her ever again.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Those leg-body proportions are really bad. Reminds me of a Family Guy cutaway gag featuring Peter's aunt 'Legs go all the way up' Griffin.
    I find the proportions to be fairly close to the screen model, so I don't have a problem with this aspect of the toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post
    But as a 'don't fiddle with me much' figure she's pretty neat.
    Isn't that kinda akin to a:
    * "just don't eat me" food
    * "just don't watch me" movie
    * "just don't read me" book
    * "just don't drive/ride me" car
    * "just don't read this" reply
    etc.

IMO a toy that sucks to play with is failing at its core function as a toy

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I have to admit I found myself wondering whether the shoulder joints were meant to come off.

We all know modern Transformers are designed for parts to pop off and be put back on again if needed. And those shoulder joints go through a wide arc during transformation without much room to play with. I get the feeling that there were a lot of broken shoulders in testing.

I get the same feeling for the fenders. A joint that could have been a simple pin looks pretty elaborate.

Maybe it should have been sent back to the drawing board as too elaborate for a small Deluxe. Those red flaps on the shoulders moving around in a couple of axis seems unusual at this size.

I think it's a QC issue rather than a design issue, as in if the ball part of the ball-socket joint were a bit thicker then it may not be so prone to disconnecting. I might try to thicken it with a layer of super glue or something.

This photo reminds me why I don’t like Dropkick’s helicopter toy - it doesn’t look like the character in the movie. It’s doubly noticeable next to a more screen accurate Shatter.

Shatter is a figure I REALLY wanted to like, but unfortunately she is very appropriately named.
    IMO she looks great in both modes, but transformation between the two feels like SS-01 all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    This photo reminds me why I don’t like Dropkick’s helicopter toy - it doesn’t look like the character in the movie. It’s doubly noticeable next to a more screen accurate Shatter.
    Agreed. I bought heli Dropkick simply out of obligation to complete the four (assuming a jet Shatter comes along after car Dropkick).
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.