Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Generations Selects Black Zarak

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I think for many of us, we have wanted a G1 Black Zarak after seeing images of it online. However, give the price and fragility of the G1 version, not many of us have him.
    G1 Scorponok always eluded me when I used to search on ebay many years ago , so im happy to have siege/earthrise figure. I also remember the Black Zarak figure by Sentinel and regret not trying to get one, even though the figure didn?t transform.

If Scorponok has been a Commander Class figure I would definitely buy the Black Zarak version, but another Titan? I’m struggling to find space for them as it is.

I’m still trying to find a normal ER Scorponok at a decent price. Though this looks cooler, I have no attachment to this version what so ever.

Remember way back in April, that Japanese Generations Selects toy Black Zarak that was only available for pre-order for a week at EB Games and kinda popped up on Amazon Australia before disappearing and cancelling people's orders for not being listed properly (and still yet to be put back up)... well, six months later, that Japanese GEN Selects toy is now listed in Japan.
    (why am I referring to Black Zarak as a Japanese GEN Selects toy? ... well, it doesn't have a GS number, which Hasbro gives their GEN Selects toys)

So... now that it is finally available for pre-order in Japan, we also get to see actual coloured toy official pics, not just the computer generated images that we've had for the last six months.

Unfortunately for us, it is a TakaraTomyMall exclusive, which reduces options of direct purchasing from overseas to just the Asian sources that secured stock from Hasbro Asia.
    So, fingers crossed that the Amazon Australia listing gets put back up some time soon... but note that the Japanese release is March 2022, so there is a good chance that the Australian (and Asian) releases will be pushed back to around March as well (the Japanese release of MPM Mv6 Optimus has been pushed back from October to March, so there might be some issues at the factories, and Hasbro is getting priority treatment with their products).
    The Japanese price is 30,800yen which currently is about au$385... which is quite a lot more than what it is/was priced at in Asia and here (at about au$300 at most places).

Last edited by griffin; 8th October 2021 at 11:30 AM.

Black Zarak is now out in Asia (about au$270)... and the Amazon Australia listing in the post above has it updated with a new price (au$474) but coming from Amazon UK, so I don't know if it will still be released by Amazon Australia at some point or if they only list it when it is in-hand.

My EB Games account says he should be out Thursday next week.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.