Series - Generations
    Sub-line - War For Cybertron
    Sub-sub-line - Kingdom
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 1
    Released here - January 2021
    Approximate Retail Price - $30

I'm big fan of G1 Warpath, and there's nothing I can fault this figure as a G1 Warpath.

Tank mode:
    Solid tank mode. HasTak probably could've easily gone with a 100% toon accurate tank mode and done away the sunk in front end of the tank if they had a fraction more parts count imo (at this point it also makes me think that the parts -forming aspects in Deluxe class is partly a conscious decision more than a necessity due to budget). I personally love the two shades of red/burgundy here, and the fact that the treads all painted. The turret rotates and the canon can raise up which is a big plus. Abundant 5mm ports are available in this mode too so you can really armor this little tank up.

I think he's just the right size too.

Transformation:
    The leg transformation is where it's at for me. I generally avoid comparing 3p to official designs, but this clever use of surface area destroys every single one of the 3p attempts with elegance, it's just the right amount of complexity and a "mini Masterpiece moment" to me. You can say this with quite a few WfC figures now including the much-praised Kingdom Cyclonus, that if TakTom ever gets to dong an MP Warpath, the engineering is about 70% done here.

Oh being able to recreate what you could do with the G1 toy puts a big smile on my face.

'Bot mode:
    Probably the most G1-accurate from any company. Most importantly to me, HasTak nailed the stocky proportions. Head sculpt is as good as it gets.

Articulation is to the WfC standard. Awesome how the ankle tilt is integrated so well among the leg engineering. And I love the extra side to side tilt/attitude you can get out of the head.
    I don't mind the shield and it does provide a few options with how you put it.

The 5mm ports all over him provide some interesting display options.

Overall:
    Best G1 Warpath so far. It destroys competition like SS86 Hot Rod does imo.

I'm a big fan of this toy. My only complaints:

1) the shield thing, but as you say that's a budget thing, and not a dealbreaker by any means
    2) I'd have liked him a tad smaller so he's a similar height to Cliffjumper & works better alongside Beachcomber, Cosmos, Brawn etc. Heck, if it was slightly smaller the shield could have been integrated within budget.

I much prefer this to the Generations H-Tank. While that's an excellent figure, this is a better _Warpath_.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Would highly recommend this figure to any G1 fan despite him being a little taller then Bumblebee and Cliffjumper...

Would be nice to get updates for Brawn, Windcharger and others as those mini bots from the CW,TR + POTP just dont scale as well as I hoped (but still good enough to complete the team)

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    2) I'd have liked him a tad smaller so he's a similar height to Cliffjumper & works better alongside Beachcomber, Cosmos, Brawn etc.
    His odd scale is actually the only thing that slightly bugs me - it's a really weird choice. They've made him smaller than other modern deluxes, but not as small as the Bumblebee/Cliffjumper figures, so it leaves him in the weird position of 'tallest kid in kindergarten'. I feel like they should have committed to one size or the other.

But design, colour, paint and build quality are all top notch on mine.

Unpopular opinion inbound!
    I prefer the Generations H tank to this. I can admire how clever the leg transformation is but at this scale I found it fiddly with panels coming away. Something seems off with the tank mode to me... I think maybe the turret is too small and set too far back for my liking.
    The bot mode is a good likeness to the cartoon but as mentioned previously it’s scale makes it hard to fit in... too big for a legends, too small for a deluxe for me.
    I don’t regret getting it at Kmart prices and can see how people would like it because it’s more G1 but the universe mold is the one for me.

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    Unpopular opinion inbound!
    I prefer the Generations H tank to this.
    I think I kind of understand you're thinking here. Something is off to me. It feels like the turret round thing is too tall, or something. I'll probably get it bacus BLAM Warpath, but it's gonna be a hard jump to pass the Generations one for me.

I kind of like that he is a bit bigger than CJ/BB etc, he IS a tank after all.
    Note, I don't have one yet, this is speculation from pictures.

I like him and I agree with snaketales, the turret is placed a bit too far back compared to the G1 toy/cartoon, giving him a self-propelled gun look. As for height, well who knows...

It appears Warpath is based on the M551 Sheridan light tank. In real life, the M551 has a flatter turret which is why Kingdom Warpath could look slightly 'off'. To me, G1 minibot toy Warpath's alt mode is more accurate to the shape of the real M551. Regardless, Kingdom Warpath still looks like a great toy.

If there is a Takara version, do you think it will have a more grey wheels and treads like the G1?

Takara Tomy appears to have been releasing identical decos to Hasbro recently. It would be nice to have grey wheels and treads, but it is probably unlikely.