• Handsome little fella
  • Best looking gun in the entire Trilogy
  • Transformation is a bit sticky/crunchy

Cranky yet majestic

"Aww geez, why do I have to look so awesome? It's just too much darn it"

Ready to tow

Ready to plow through some zombies

THICK

Possibly my favourite geewun deluxe in the Trilogy now (yes topping Cliffjumper), Huffer wildly exceeded my expectations in both quality and... well quality. Everything you would want painted is painted and the sculpting exudes so much character. There is very little left to desire. Huffer's accessories are also best in class with the best looking gun in the trilogy to date in my opinion. The riot shield is also a great addition and cleverly forms a cover for the alt mode hitch. A nice addition as well is that this shield can also be mounted in a 5mm hole on top of the cab, should you wish Huffer to pull Prime's trailer. Also not to be overlooked is Huffer's superior poseability in bot mode. The only thing this guy is missing is a wrist swivel (not that he needs it). The cap it all off, I find the transparent blue plastic for the cab to be absolutely gorgeous. I have a few minor quibbles with the alt-mode and transformation which are detailed below.

PROS
  • The colours really pop. This is one handsome transformer! They even painted his tail lights. That never happens!
  • Kickass articulation and balance. This guy has pretty good balance and the joints to make use of it!
  • Accessories are the bomb.

CONS
  • Transformation is just a bit too sticky/crunchy for my liking. Call me spoiled but things don't quite tab/line up well enough 100% for me to take pleasure in transforming him. It's a bugbear that ruins an almost perfect toy.
  • The alt mode just seems a little off, as if the rear wheels and front wheels are at different elevations. It's a bit of an optical illusion because the orange plastic rear of Huffer's alt mode slopes downwards. The stickyness of the transformation also makes like the cab is being pulled backwards from a straight level. The not-hidden fists not only feels lazy, but unnecessarily so. Front wheels have a tendency to pop off during transformation.

In conclusion: why are you still reading this. Go get this guy!