View Poll Results: 2021 Unicron - worth buying?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell Yes!!!

12 52.17%
  • Yes, but only if (cheaper or something else)

3 13.04%
  • Not worth it

3 13.04%
  • Not even interested in it

5 21.74%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - 2021 UNICRON

I think it's a shame Hasbro didn't make the five sets of kibble properly detachable and possibly include a second set of ring pieces so you could have both modes displayable, but maybe they though people wouldn't buy seconds in that case... or I'm overthinking it.

Either way, it doesn't usually take a third party long to fill a missed opportunity. Make the rings illuminated and it's almost a sure thing.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    The third party one pulls it off with zero kibble. Here is the transformation. However while it achieves an incredibly accurate robot mode, the planet mode suffers from the colour layout being wrong.
    Sorry but that thing looks awful compared to the HasLab one. The wings are tiny, the collar's too big, and for some reason it has a second stomach on its back? I also dislike the head sculpt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Sorry but that thing looks awful compared to the HasLab one. The wings are tiny, the collar's too big, and for some reason it has a second stomach on its back? I also dislike the head sculpt.
    Second stomach is actually cartoon acurate!! Go figure...

I would like that version better if it was upsized to Haslab scale. It is very clean looking in robot mode, planet mode is ok, but transformation looks like a nightmare and apparently pieces are easily broken. Still a nice effort and a more budget alternative to Haslab.

I have Haslab and am very happy with my choice despite the odd decisions on not painting lower teeth and maw in wrong colour issues. Kibble doesn't bother me, if it had Zeta's engineering it would have cost over $1500 I guess.

At no point did I comment on whether it was good or not. I was simply pointing out to griffin that it is possible to get from Unicron’s robot mode to a beach ball without having a ton of kibble.

Relax. We can bring up the third party option without having to choose a side.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    At no point did I comment on whether it was good or not. I was simply pointing out to griffin that it is possible to get from Unicron’s robot mode to a beach ball without having a ton of kibble.

Relax. We can bring up the third party option without having to choose a side.
    I didn't mean to come down as if I was taking a stance on third party products. While I don't own any third party TFs currently, I have in the past and take no issue with them (I do own third party Gunpla). However, I guess I'm so pleased with my HasLab Unicron, kibble and all, that I see other companies' versions, in this case, as pale imitations. While I do dislike the toy I came on a bit strong in my criticism of it and I apologise for any offence caused.

One thing the Hasbro one doesn't get enough credit for is how they pulled off the wings/rings, it's a brilliant design which works great in both modes especially planet mode. They may be a little oversized in bot mode but the overall shape is awesome, and it does add to it's presence and grandeur.

One down, one to go...

It is best not to be watching TV while transforming Unicron, as it makes it take a lot longer than it should.
    (I had the 1986 Movie playing, and thought I would have both transformed before it ends, but only had one done... because of the distractions. )

Those shoulder joints (at least on mine) are REALLY tight, and the connecting purple hinge pieces are not going to be load-bearing enough to transform this toy too often, as it is really difficult to hold the purple part tightly enough to stop the joint from taking any of the pressure from moving the arm (in the step before plugging it into the shoulder).

I'm not too sure about what to do with the screw covers. I don't want them to fall out over time and get lost, but I don't know if I want to risk gluing them in, in case, for some strange reason, I need to disassemble something and I can't then get to the screws.

So far, at least the good news is, neither of mine was missing anything, and the first one I have transformed didn't appear to have any noticeable defects preventing it from being transformed.

All my covers have stayed in so far. What about some blue tack?

That could be a good alternative.