View Poll Results: 2021 Unicron - worth buying?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell Yes!!!

12 52.17%
  • Yes, but only if (cheaper or something else)

3 13.04%
  • Not worth it

3 13.04%
  • Not even interested in it

5 21.74%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toy Review - 2021 UNICRON

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Those shoulder joints (at least on mine) are REALLY tight, and the connecting purple hinge pieces are not going to be load-bearing enough to transform this toy too often, as it is really difficult to hold the purple part tightly enough to stop the joint from taking any of the pressure from moving the arm (in the step before plugging it into the shoulder).
    I also had concerns about this.
    I think the best way to go about it is rotating the arm when it's locked in.

All the screw hole covers on mine are quite a tight fit, I wouldn’t be super concerned about them falling out.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Those shoulder joints (at least on mine) are REALLY tight, and the connecting purple hinge pieces are not going to be load-bearing enough to transform this toy too often, as it is really difficult to hold the purple part tightly enough to stop the joint from taking any of the pressure from moving the arm (in the step before plugging it into the shoulder).
    Yeah, same here. Really don't like how hard it is to move the arms after you've unclipped them from the torso. You really have to have them in the correct position before you do so, which is easy to forget.
    I also find that unclipping the legs from the planet mode is hard as well. I thought I was going to break it the first time.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    I think it's a shame Hasbro didn't make the five sets of kibble properly detachable and possibly include a second set of ring pieces so you could have both modes displayable, but maybe they though people wouldn't buy seconds in that case... or I'm overthinking it.

Either way, it doesn't usually take a third party long to fill a missed opportunity. Make the rings illuminated and it's almost a sure thing.
    Yep...

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threa...e-kit.1210909/

As this isn't an unauthorised for-profit release, and is more of an accessory kit, I think it's okay to post and link to.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

There's been a lot of comments on those shoulders. They appear to be made of a nylon plastic, which is more flexible, but obviously not unbreakable. I haven't had the time to do more than one transformation, but what I noticed is that you really need to move the planet cladding pieces out of the way before trying the do the arms, which is not how the instructions have it arranged.

I think the instructions should have done the legs before moving the arms after they are separated and straightened out. The joints are so tight the arms can just stay pointing out the back, while the legs are straightened out and the panels fixed to the lower legs.

I transformed the second one last night (finally), and couldn't see anything broken or missing... phew.
    Maybe we got lucky, as some people in America were claiming things missing, and we had over 600 Unicron toys brought into Australia.

I started putting in the yellow tabs, and the second one I put in (one of the horn tabs) just kept falling straight out... so I'll definitely be needing something to stick them in place.

I had virtually no trouble with the shell and legs, apart from some initial struggle with actually getting the plates to separate (it locks quite tight). Quite a bit of trouble getting all of the backpack to sit together and flush against the back though. It’s a quite heavy and bulky assembly too, so it’s hard to keep holding in place while you figure out what goes where.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust