Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan-Fest April 9th official images and info

Here's a video that shows what the transforming Prime is capable of:

https://youtu.be/yFOXNU1w7bc

I'm impressed but not enough to buy one, especially after Haslab Unicron.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    Apparently the whole Convert vs Transform thing has to with trademarks and intellectual property.

At least that's what TFWiki says.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformati...m.22_as_a_verb
    Correct, "converts" has replaced "transforms" on packaging since the early '90s. If you go and look at the recent Walmart reissues you will notice that (among other changes) they've changed "transforms" to "converts."
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Big W have been pretty hit and Miss with distribution of large TF purchases like Commander classes in the past. I think back how people freaked about Sky-lynx, and there were scalpers buying out the entire store. I think if you are going to be worrying and fretting about missing out, its safer to preorder and pay a little extra for peace of mind. But that?s just me.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Big W have been pretty hit and Miss with distribution of large TF purchases like Commander classes in the past. I think back how people freaked about Sky-lynx, and there were scalpers buying out the entire store. I think if you are going to be worrying and fretting about missing out, its safer to preorder and pay a little extra for peace of mind. But that?s just me.
    Yea, definitely but I'd definitely advise people pre-order somewhere that allows cancellation.

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Anybody know what "WFC Kingdom Core Class 2 pack" would be? I see a tag for it at Kmart for $29 (will take a photo tomorrow)

Quote Originally Posted by Akky82 View Post
    Anybody know what "WFC Kingdom Core Class 2 pack" would be? I see a tag for it at Kmart for $29 (will take a photo tomorrow)
    Bumblebee with Spike

Bumblebee with Spike
    That’s a target exclusive....

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    That’s a target exclusive....
    In the US, yes but Griffin said it was coming to Kmart here

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...umblebee+spike

In the US, yes but Griffin said it was coming to Kmart here

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...umblebee+spike
    Ahh... thought it was all Target here...

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I?m hoping that its a programmable ?wake word? like Alexia which can also be configured to respond to computer, etc. Because it should obviously be transform, and these looked like early prototypes rather than the final product.

If you?re interested in the technology involved, check out the manufacturer site for Robosen. This isn?t their first rodeo, and they have existing transforming robots (eg. The rover). I watched the video for the Rover, and it responds to the wake word Transform. So presumably we?ll see that wakeword in the Optimus as well, though it does seem strange it wasn?t used in the video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Correct, "converts" has replaced "transforms" on packaging since the early '90s. If you go and look at the recent Walmart reissues you will notice that (among other changes) they've changed "transforms" to "converts."
    Robosen Optimus definitely responds to the word "transform," as seen in this video:

My understanding is that Hasbro are trying to avoid using the word "transform" as a verb to describe their products to avoid genericising it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Do we know if the transforming Optimus Prime will be available in Australia, maybe from EB in a similar style to Unicron?
    I would definitely be keen to get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Perhaps contact robosen if they have an American contact, to see if they have an Australian distributor.
    Sugo Toys have a preorder page open for Robosen Optimus. I've only preordered from them once, but it went well and I would buy from them again.