Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Zing kingdom wave 3 preorders are up

Hasbro Pulse has it for 30 USD which is roughly 40 AUD, so it's definitely a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by G1Optimal View Post
    Even if its gouging you would be roughly paying that for shipping from overseas anyway if not cheaper

well thats how I justify buying from them
    After all the hassles I went through last year with cancelled orders due to various suppliers having their allocations cut or cancelled, I am happy to pay a slight premium to deal with a single supplier that has yet to fail me. To my mind the Unicron deal indicates that EB/Zing and Hasbro have a pretty solid relationship, and that gives me confidence that my orders will be honored. It also means I can focus my energy on tracking down the store exclusives that just won't appear over here!

I have pre-ordered SG Blurr and Galvatron.

I think I will wait and see the price for Rodimus at the Big W sales. Hopefully will also be able to pick up the Ark somewhere, but if I miss out I am not that worried.

Galvatron is already sold out at EB, as well as Tracks. Apart from Galv, the only other figure I was going to get through EB was Tricranius, who at his price might be in stock for a bit yet.

Tracks is still up on Zing website but wow, that was fast. Guess they're not getting much initial stock.

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    Tracks is still up on Zing website but wow, that was fast. Guess they're not getting much initial stock.
    Yeah, they were both sold out this morning when I got up.. So they pretty much sold out in under 24 hours? Either very low stock, very high demand - or most likely a bit of both. Nervous about rolling the dice on Galv at retail

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Hmm. So I might have to rely on Big W getting a WFC leader in... Uh oh...

There's always Amazon for Leader class, there's already a listing up, but if you're going through just brick and mortar stores, it may be hard.

It's ok if Zing/EB Games preorders sell out. Apart from the exclusives, the regular figures can and have been found from elsewhere at cheaper prices. Thinking about it...

Tracks is a popular one as is Huffer. Huffer sold out quickly recently because only Myer (and Toyworld?) had him in numbers and we are still waiting for Big W/Kmart/Target/Toymate. But looking around, I saw Huffer at TRU and he's up at Amazon AU ($29 and $35 respectively). Unless something has gone wrong with wave 2 distribution, the discount retailers should be getting it and then Huffer might even shelf warm. Warpath was another eagerly anticipated G1 and I've passed him by several times at different shops.

Rodimus is popular but so was Sky Lynx when he got bought up quickly at initial release at Big W. But then he came back in good numbers at Big W and Myer and again I passed him by several times, including on sale. He's up at TRU for $109 right now. If Rodimus turns out like Jetfire, he will be harder to secure than Sky Lynx but even Jetfire was obtainable at Target online (and was even on sale if I remember right).

Galvatron might well end up like Beast Megs and Ultra Magnus and be hard to find. But even those guys have not been impossible. From my searches, there were two chances to get Megs and UM at cheap prices recently (Toyworld $70 and TRU $79). Toymate has gotten Kingdom Leaders. And Myer has gotten WFC Leaders before - I've literally seen 8 Astrotrains sitting together and I've also passed them up on sale. SS86 Grimlock was very uncommon initially, then turned up in fair numbers for the current Myer sale.

Don't worry folks, there's always other (cheaper) opportunities. The big unknown is if wave 3 shows poorly or at all in Aus general retail like Earthrise wave 3.

What makes the new Tracks so good that everyone is after him?

I wasn't planning to replace my United Tracks, but now I'm curious what the deal is with this new mould.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.