Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Zing kingdom wave 3 preorders are up

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    What makes the new Tracks so good that everyone is after him?

I wasn't planning to replace my United Tracks, but now I'm curious what the deal is with this new mould.

United Tracks is nearly a decade old and MP Tracks 5 years old. I think most are happy to simply see a Tracks again and for many more, it's their first opportunity to nab a G1esque Tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeRenko View Post
    After all the hassles I went through last year with cancelled orders due to various suppliers having their allocations cut or cancelled, I am happy to pay a slight premium to deal with a single supplier that has yet to fail me. To my mind the Unicron deal indicates that EB/Zing and Hasbro have a pretty solid relationship, and that gives me confidence that my orders will be honored. It also means I can focus my energy on tracking down the store exclusives that just won't appear over here!
    That to

EB's prices are not very consistent among the size classes.

Items selling out is really surprising... like Black Zarak... because EB Games used to take orders until a cut-off date, and submit their quantity to Hasbro. Now it just looks like they are given a set allocation, and if it sells out really fast EB misses out on money... and if they don't sell out, they are stuck with dead stock that they would eventually have to discount.
    I think, them changing the system was a bad move, and will reduce the success of the Brand at EB, as items will now be hit and miss for them, and more collectors will miss out on the convenience of using them for store pickups without paying shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

Items selling out is really surprising... like Black Zarak... because EB Games used to take orders until a cut-off date, and submit their quantity to Hasbro. Now it just looks like they are given a set allocation, and if it sells out really fast EB misses out on money... and if they don't sell out, they are stuck with dead stock that they would eventually have to discount.
    I think, them changing the system was a bad move, and will reduce the success of the Brand at EB, as items will now be hit and miss for them, and more collectors will miss out on the convenience of using them for store pickups without paying shipping.
    I think it might be a case of logistics. Black Zarak is titan size so the boxes would take up a fair bit of space in their backroom, you should of seen the Unicron order in a their back area! So maybe they decided to limit the units available to pre order. With the main line anything not selects, the figures release in waves, so this would probably be an allocation from Hasbro. Popular figures are certain to sell out, so people can avoid fighting for them in Kmart and Big W.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    There's always Amazon for Leader class, there's already a listing up, but if you're going through just brick and mortar stores, it may be hard.
    I would prefer never to have to use Amazon again, if at all possible.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    United Tracks is nearly a decade old and MP Tracks 5 years old. I think most are happy to simply see a Tracks again and for many more, it's their first opportunity to nab a G1esque Tracks.
    That, and this new Tracks looks like Tracks, which I don't think previous toys do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Has it really been that long?

Anyway, after taking a close look at the stock pictures I ordered a WFC K Tracks. That chest area on the new version looks so much nicer than the somewhat bulbous looking chest the United version has.

I'm sure the United Tracks will probably remain the superior mould in regards to build quality, but the new one does look sleeker.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

This is something we will have to take into consideration going forward... If they continue to get limited stock it may come down to playing the RNG in store, or order from your favoriute e-tailer. Stock is quickly selling out, Rodimus and Scorponok are now sold out as well.

Sold out on EB, still available on Zing

Another thing is the new stufff is limited to one item per person
    Last edited by G1Optimal; 15th April 2021 at 04:30 PM.