Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G1 Studio series - potential product line?

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    Regarding a SS86 OP, the Alternate Universe aka Dead Prime basically is that.
    Oooooooooh harsh... But you're also not wrong.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Well, I think they could do better on G1 Optimus, because of this minor miscalculation:

Tried various Deluxe scale Transformers who had car modes, none of them fit in without doing this.

So a proper Studio series Optimus might be better then this.
    And realistically, he's the Prime character (pardon the pun), so he'll always be released.

Would I mind more G1 characters in the SS line? No.

Am I perfectly happy with the current yearly G1 Generations line? Yes.

Hasbro themselves referred to Generations as "Mini Masterpiece" when revealing WFC K Tracks. So I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to see G1 characters specifically in the SS line.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I'd argue that's a reason NOT to do an SS Optimus if the main thing wrong with ER is that the trailer is a bit small. The base figure is close to perfect and not worth updating again. I'd rather they focus time and energy on other characters.

Plus even if they did do an SS G1 Prime, there's absolutely no guarantee they'd include a trailer considering ER is the first time they'd done it in CHUG after so many years.

Wondering if they are going do a remold of Earthrise Prime as Cartoon Optimus. The legs looking a bit more like MP-44 being a bit smoother, A more cartoon head and the white thighs/crotch like MP-44.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
    Well, I think they could do better on G1 Optimus, because of this minor miscalculation:

Tried various Deluxe scale Transformers who had car modes, none of them fit in without doing this.

So a proper Studio series Optimus might be better then this.
    And realistically, he's the Prime character (pardon the pun), so he'll always be released.
    Primes trailer tends to fit the slimmer vehicles. Earthrise Cliffjumper, Bumblebee.

If they are indeed 'mini masterpieces' then they need to look deluxe (in the true sense of the word) and my worry with show accuracy is that the cartoon was hastily drawn cheap weekly animation. It is a bit different with the 1986 movie as they seemed to put more effort into that, so characters often looked their best. I think toys would look fine if they emulated some of the better box art, rather than the cartoon itself.

And as much as I'm a G1 tragic, I'm starting to think new twists on old toys (like we had with Classics) or wholly new designs (like Fossilizors) are more appealing, moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    And as much as I'm a G1 tragic, I'm starting to think new twists on old toys (like we had with Classics) or wholly new designs (like Fossilizors) are more appealing, moving forward.
    Yeah. For me, we're at the logical end point now of what Classics began to tease us with in 2006. We're not going to get a more animation accurate Optimus Prime than the ER Optimus Prime mold. Ditto WFCK Cyclonus and tbh a lot of the more recent lineup.

Hopefully HasTak gets that thoroughly out of their system and we can move on to other things in a year or so.

The stuff that interests me most is when classic characters get updated alt modes - like when Blurr was a sports car, Galvatron was a tank, and Scourge was a supersonic bomber drone thing. We haven't had that for a while.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.