Thread: Hasbro to raise toy prices due to raw material costs

Default Hasbro to raise toy prices due to raw material costs

https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/04/27/...l-costs-432594
    Source tfw20p5

And covid19 causing a rise in distribution/shipping costs
    Last edited by G1Optimal; 28th April 2021 at 07:28 PM.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Most amusing, that thread. In a car-crash-full-of-clowns kind of way. Hey, maybe all the Americans swearing off buying any more toys might mean we actually get a decent amount of stock sent our way...

Really not the least bit surprising.

When was the last time we had a price increase in Australia? I've only been paying attention to modern HasTak toys for the last two years, and the prices have been static in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    When was the last time we had a price increase in Australia? I've only been paying attention to modern HasTak toys for the last two years, and the prices have been static in that time.
    I remember back when Generations first hit (as well as Reveal the Shield) in around 2010, Kmart were selling Deluxes for $23.75 and Voyagers for $49. Studio Series are now $29/$45 and Kingdom is $29/$49, so not too bad (granted Big W now sells Deluxes for $34, but Voyagers has stayed the same). Hopefully we don't get something ridiculous like a US$2 price increase in US being equated to like a A$5 increase in Australia (which would make it a $0.40 exchange rate...).
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

And I bet that when the materials costs go down, the product prices stay up.......not that Hasbro cares about stagnant wages and the higher cost of living due to excessive privatisation.🙄