Thread: Speed Transforming Contests

Default Speed Transforming Contests

I have this very vague memory that there were once contests in which kids would show how quickly they could convert their Transformers, but I cannot find any reference to such a thing online that does not take me to stuff about Velocitron or something.

So, is my memory right? Was that ever a thing and, if so, what happened to the practice?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I have this very vague memory that there were once contests in which kids would show how quickly they could convert their Transformers, but I cannot find any reference to such a thing online that does not take me to stuff about Velocitron or something.

So, is my memory right? Was that ever a thing and, if so, what happened to the practice?
    The video about the fans on I think the Transformers 2007 DVD shows a lot about Botcon, and it mentions speed transforming there. I don’t know if it was super popular though.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    what happened to the practice?
    They broke every Masterpiece into 20 pieces and their Dads went home to cry and it was forbidden to ever speak of it again .

They are a good activity for fan events and meet ups

The photos are lost to time but there's a write up of one I was involved in in the archives.

Thanks all for confirming I was not just dreaming it.