Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TakaraTomy Premium Finish series

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I love supporting local. It's why when I can I buy Transformers either from Big W or Kmart. Too bad Amazon AU is about as Australian as McDonald's and KFC.
    I also enjoy walking into Kmart & buying a mass release deluxe for $29, but I would be questioning anyones sanity if they walked into an EB store & dropped $200 on exclusive figures that would cost you $104 + maybe $20 (?) post from somewhere like OMP etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    What is BB doing in photo #3?
    He saw the EB Games pricing and is taking dump on it...

It's not the best looking pose (or the 5th one), but that squatting pose was in the Movie a couple times when he was inside Charlie's house. (his robot mode in the Bee movie seemed to be more to scale to his car mode than the Camaro Bumblebee in the earlier movies)

Import them if you can, "supporting local" can only go so far when EB's prices are almost double that of the Asian retailers.
    Seems to be a trend for EB charging double for TT releases...
    It's not really EB Games to blame here, as their prices aren't significantly higher than other places that get their stock from Hasbro Australia... it's the prices that Hasbro Asia are charging Hasbro Australia for the stock (which is so stupid, as you'd think that branches of Hasbro would do discount deals with each other, instead of charging them more than they charge their own retailers). Remember when TRU was selling TT Unite Warriors combiner sets for $400 each - I could have imported two for the same price from Asian sources (with postage), but it wasn't TRU marking up the product 400%.
    Last edited by griffin; 19th May 2021 at 10:25 PM.

It's possible the UW-01 Superion was $399 when it first arrived in stock at TRU back in the day.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So I've been ignoring these things since assorted sightings first alerted people to the existance of some new line, and now that I bother looking...

I don't get it.

Siege Prime is very nice (certainly the best Prime toy at it's release, and I still display it as the centre of my Ark crew), but Earthrise Prime is better (I have him on a flight stand, re-creating that gunning leap that takes down half-a-dozen Decepticons during the battle of Autobot City, a pose that toy was made for).

This doesn't seem, from what I gather, to be a controversial or uncommon opinion.

And the prices are just absurd, in any frame of reference. Ridiculously absurd - how on earth does anyone go from $60 for that (inferior) Prime in 2019 to $120 in 2021?

What is Takara trying to do here? What's the target market? What's the point?

I'm just baffled by this whole thing. Even allowing for a strategy of positioning the toys as high-grade collector items (think Neca TMNT, or Blitzway's Inspector Gadget) for people who know nothing of Hasbro's main-line commercial products, where prices can safely be jacked up because the target customers don't know (and don't care to know) any better, it just. doesn't. make. any. sense.

Quote Originally Posted by kovert View Post
    It's possible the UW-01 Superion was $399 when it first arrived in stock at TRU back in the day.
    Yes, I put in the wrong number, so have fixed my post.

a Premium finish studio series revenge prime this time including all this missing colors and flames would be a nice addition....

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    He saw the EB Games pricing and is taking dump on it...

It's not the best looking pose (or the 5th one), but that squatting pose was in the Movie a couple times when he was inside Charlie's house. (his robot mode in the Bee movie seemed to be more to scale to his car mode than the Camaro Bumblebee in the earlier movies)

It's not really EB Games to blame here, as their prices aren't significantly higher than other places that get their stock from Hasbro Australia... it's the prices that Hasbro Asia are charging Hasbro Australia for the stock (which is so stupid, as you'd think that branches of Hasbro would do discount deals with each other, instead of charging them more than they charge their own retailers). Remember when TRU was selling TT Unite Warriors combiner sets for $400 each - I could have imported two for the same price from Asian sources (with postage), but it wasn't TRU marking up the product 400%.
    Odd though considering that EB have been reasonable with their GS releases - I went through EB for Black Zarak at $300
    Different supply paths perhaps?

Yeah, PF series is some kind of “Japanese import”

Their MP end up overpriced

Their Gen Selects end up ok priced

Not yet officially revealed, but we have a first look at the second pair in this Premium Finish toyline...

WFC-02 is Siege Voyager Megatron
    SS-02 is Voyager Optimus from the Bumblebee Movie

Both seem to pair up with the first two.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

And both up for pre-order on EB...