Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TakaraTomy Premium Finish series

Default TakaraTomy Premium Finish series

From an online store comes an advance reveal of a new series from TakaraTomy called Premium Finish Collection.

Similar to their previous Premium series (Lost Age Advanced and Movie The Best), these ones look like slightly altered decos of Hasbro toys (which would have been released in Japan unchanged).

The first two are the first in two different sublines of this series...

PFGR-01 - Generations Optimus Prime (Voyager from Siege)
    PFSS-01 - Studio Series Bumblebee (Deluxe SS-18 VW from Bumblebee movie)

A number of Asian and American importers have started listing the first two Premium Finish toys, and an image has leaked, suggesting that there are 6 of each in this series (12 in total), to be released 2 per month from October.
    The images are very obscured, but I'm sure there are fans out there right now trying to unfilter the images to work out who the other 10 toys are.

With the pre-order listings come official images, some of which are below.

I don't think these are coming to Australia through Hasbro, so if these are something you want, perhaps lock in a pre-order with a foreign source or local importer.
    (hopefully they show up on HLJ, as they aren't noted as being exclusive to anywhere, yet)

Prices at one source...

• PF SS-01 Bumblebee – Price: 4180 Yen (about au$50)
    • PF WFC-01 Optimus Prime – Price 6380 Yen (about au$75)

Looks like HLJ has them up now too, so they aren't TTM exclusives - Optimus (5300yen) - Bumblebee (3500yen).

I hope there is something really special about these (mere) redecos... looking at the prices on HLJ and TTM, the PF toys are significantly more expensive than the regular size class toys.
    The RRP before tax has Bumblebee at 3800yen, compared to all other Deluxes at 3000yen.
    Meanwhile Optimus is at 5800yen, compared to all other Voyagers at 4500yen.
    That's almost a 30% increase for toys that have about as much paint apps as the Netflix or Siege toys, meaning the extra expense must be for the fancy box.

You think that’s a bad increase????.... Zing has preorders up

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    You think that’s a bad increase????.... Zing has preorders up
    Holy ####!

https://www.ebgames.com.au/product/t...h-ss-01-figure

https://www.ebgames.com.au/product/t...-wfc-01-figure
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

$50 more for Bumblee and $70 for Optimus and you get a nice new box and weathering. Pretty tempting...

What is BB doing in photo #3?

Import them if you can, "supporting local" can only go so far when EB's prices are almost double that of the Asian retailers.
    Seems to be a trend for EB charging double for TT releases...

Anyone with a keener eye than me sleuthed what the rest of those figures are?

I think I can spot Wheeljack on the bottom right.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Import them if you can, "supporting local" can only go so far when EB's prices are almost double that of the Asian retailers.
    I love supporting local. It's why when I can I buy Transformers either from Big W or Kmart. Too bad Amazon AU is about as Australian as McDonald's and KFC.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.