Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
Why!!!!???!?!?!

Why do they have to make every Rodimus also a Hotrod? There was no need and never was...

The overly long car/cab just ruins the entire piece for me. Sure G1 looked stupid without the trailer... but you just made it work and played with it. We had Hotrod and Rodimus, and if I wanted to downgrade I’d park Roddy behind a door and Hotrod would come racing out for a bit.... kill some ‘Cons and then race back.

I get why that's annoying for some, but this isn't that. The detached vehicle is it's own thing, and not just another Hot Rod - the POTP version did that, while this is a chunkier thing that's clearly aiming more for power than speed. Hot Rod's car mode is all sleek lines and very flat, while this is chunky, taller and very different in a number of places.

The length of the overall 'campervan' mode isn't because of the car, that's more of a stylistic decision. I'm glad they went with it too - most G1 Rodimus designs are too fat and stubby. Apart from the gap in the pipes, this is a great update.