Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom T-Wrecks out in Australia

Default Kingdom T-Wrecks out in Australia

If I hadn't seen a photo of it I just wouldn't have believed it... but from reddit somewhere, they don't say which Toyworld, but was in QLD in addition to the two sightings in our own QLD sightings topic...

T-Wrecks is a redeco of the Kingdom Beast Megatron (released so soon after Megatron, which was really difficult to find here).
    It is based on a (fairly) obscure toy that was released in the second wave of the Beast Machines toyline (early 2000), as one of several Dinobots that were just redecos (this one was a redeco of the original Beast Wars Megatron toy from 1996) which was probably put together just to pad out the new toyline because none of them were in the cartoon.

I'm not sure what is going on in this country right now, with all of these toys suddenly showing up here before scheduled, or before the rest of the world. In this case, T-Wrecks was scheduled for release here in June, and we are only a week away... so I guess this is one is on-time... it is just surprising that it wasn't out already in Asia and America if June was its official global release date.
    T-Wrecks is not a regular release figure here, but I don't know if it is exclusive to Toyworld/Mr Toys. At least I hope it isn't exclusive to Mr Toys, as those stores are only in SE QLD.

(it is supposed to be a Target exclusive in America)
    Last edited by griffin; 24th May 2021 at 08:09 PM.

Were the Dinobots Kmart exclusives? I think I recall seeing the original there but not at other stores.

A store exclusives going exclusive to these small toy stores isn’t great... but let’s see what comes with an actual announcement of this figure.

I get the impression that the Beast Machines Dinobots (except Magmatron) were regular release toys within the waves of Beast Machines Deluxe and Ultra toys, because they weren't listed as exclusives on tfwiki, or on our own sightings archive.
    We had the first few released here (T-Wrecks, Airaptor, Dinotron, Striker, Triceradon), but not the second wave (Rapticon, Terranotron) or Magmatron (which was a Target exclusive in America).

Then in 2003 Hasbro released Dinobot 2-packs, which were Walmart exclusives in America, but not released here.

Forgot or didn’t know about that archive. A cool resource.

Looking at the deluxes, I do think they popped up at other stores, maybe the ultra class was rarer or I am just forgetting - with a lot of toys of that age and earlier I have memories of seeing them the first time but not so much the likely many timesI saw them after that.

I guess I’m wondering how much fond memory there is locally for the guy?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I get the impression that the Beast Machines Dinobots (except Magmatron) were regular release toys within the waves of Beast Machines Deluxe and Ultra toys, because they weren't listed as exclusives on tfwiki, or on our own sightings archive.
    We had the first few released here (T-Wrecks, Airaptor, Dinotron, Striker, Triceradon), but not the second wave (Rapticon, Terranotron) or Magmatron (which was a Target exclusive in America).

Then in 2003 Hasbro released Dinobot 2-packs, which were Walmart exclusives in America, but not released here.
    I remember picking up (T-Wrecks, Airaptor, Dinotron, Striker, Triceradon) from David Jones Don't think I saw them anywhere else...

I got one today at Toyworld in Canberra. Scanned at $69

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by lmaotimmy View Post
    Nice. As a leader, it's supposed to be $89 & up, right?

Quote Originally Posted by lmaotimmy View Post
    Mr Toys here in Queensland has them for $99..... So lucky.

Yeah, I was prepared to pay $99 but was pleasantly surprised when the checkout girl said “that will be $69”

T-Wrecks is now on the Toyworld website, but without images... so I'm not sure if it will definitely let you purchase it yet.
    The price is $110... PLUS shipping, so use it as a last resort if no store near you.