Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cyberverse season 4 (Dinobots Unite) new toys

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The second last wave of Cyberverse Ultimates (Optimus and Shockwave) that came out at the beginning of 2020, have been re-released in Dinobots United packaging.

The new Deluxe Cheetor has also just been found in South America, showing us the actual toy in packaging. According to Entertainment Earth, Cheetor is wave 6, and is shipped with Thunderhowl, Grimlock and Soundwave.
    I know a few people had trouble finding Thunderhowl (and completing the build-a-figure) so that he's repacked and still has the build-a-figure part, will be good news to some.

I wonder if they will still have the Maccadam parts included, if these are packaged as a new series... particularly if they don't also re-release the other six toys that come with parts.

Looking on the "released toys" listing on tfw last night, I saw that there are quite a few Cyberverse toys being re-released in the new green/yellow Dinobots Unite packaging, to significantly pad out the line for retailers, despite there being only a small number of new toys/moulds (in BOLD).

Tiny Changers (series 5) - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Wheeljack, Autobot Whirl, Grimlock, Megatron, Slipstream, Dead End, Dark Energon Shockwave, Soundwave, Sky-Byte (no new toys)
    Scout (could be called wave 9) - Optimus, Megatron, Grimlock, Ramjet (no new toys) (now out in America)
    1-step (could be called wave 11) - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Wheeljack, Blurr, Repugnus, Megatron (Cybertronian Mode), Soundwave, Sky-Byte (no new toys)
    Warrior (could be wave 10) - Dead End, Snarl (re-release toys not yet known)
    Deluxe (could be called wave 6) - Grimlock, Soundwave, Thunderhowl (with one new toy - Cheetor)
    Ultra (could be called wave 10) - Sludge, Ramjet (re-release toys not yet known)
    Ultimate Class (could be called wave 6) - Optimus, Shockwave (no new toys)

New toy classes...
    Roll N Change (wave 1) - Optimus, Bumblebee
    Roll and Combine (wave 1) - Bumbleswoop (Bumblebee & Swoop), Wheelgrim (Wheeljack & Grimlock), Slugtron (Megatron & Slug)

More new Cyberverse toys out in America, so we must be getting close to having them released here en-mass as well.

The two new size classes are out there now - Roll and Combine for us$25, and Roll N Change - with a sample video/screencaps of the Roll N Change Optimus to show it's transforming gimmick.

The youtuber in the UK that seems to get his hands on toy samples (which would have to be legitimately coming from Hasbro UK), has done an unboxing of a Cyberverse Deluxe Slug toy, which we haven't seen yet... and was only a named product on the Walmart site.
    (Hasbro only seems to care about showing off to dedicated collectors the more collector focused Generations & Studio Series toys these days, so the Cyberverse toyline is getting a bit neglected lately.)

Slug wasn't listed as part of wave 6 with the new Cheetor toy, so it is probably wave 7.

I’m finding myself wanting this version of Slag more than the Studio Series one. With those yellow accents, the face sculpt and more of a dynamic robot mode, he just looks more fun.

Two Ultimate Class figures have been found on Amazon America, which could be out in October - Hot Rod and Volcanicus.

Note - Volcanicus is made to look like the Generations Dinobot combiner, but is NOT a combiner... it still transforms into a beast though, that looks like a fuzor of different beasts.

For expensive Ultimate Class figures (the largest size class in Cyberverse), I'm really disappointed that they don't have 2 legs... just a big plastic stump like Transformers toys 35 years ago.

Yeah - I found Iaconus very disappointing and compromised by the the twist to convert mechanism.

This looks very similar - looks great when standing, but annoying to handle and play with

That $60 Hotrod looks like a $20 1-step toy... and such a wasted opportunity with the hood flame not being painted. It becomes the hand-weapon, so a yellow painted flame on the sculpted flame would have looked more impressive and eye-catching, as just the sculpting on its own gets lost.

Hot Rod really does look like a bad cheap knock off lol

Umm, why is Hot Rod carrying a dustpan broom? Plot point for Season 4?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!