Thread: Collecting Transformers again...

Default Collecting Transformers again...

I've been tossing up whether to post this for quite some time, because I'm just casual fan.

Several years ago I thought I was done collecting Transformers due to not being knowledgeable about the franchise (plots, characters, etc.) - my exposure is fairly limited to just the US cartoon, Beast Wars, RID, and some comics (Dreamwave, IDW, a bit of the old Marvel stuff).

This meant I felt I couldn't have any in-depth conversation with other fans on these boards about Transformers.

But the WFC lines got me interested in collecting again and giving away some of my older figures to family friends meant I had space to acquire some WFC stuff.

Despite some of the hollowness of the plastic I think the line is generally done well, and while I don't collect all of the figures, I feel in some ways this really is one of the most exciting times to be a Transformers fan.

Nice to see you back Sam!

Sorry you felt on the outer by not knowing all the details - we can get pretty obsessive over minor details sometimes in enthusiasm to share joy.

The WFC lines have been awesome. I personally was ready to take a back seat on collecting, but every Siege character I got made me keen to see the whole line and I'm not sorry that I did (well, apart from the Earth mode remoulds...)

Depth shouldn't be an issue. There are always people able to help fill in gaps. I normally excel at appearing and actually being vague about topics but unless you ask you will never find out.

Welcome back to the ranks.

Nice to see you back. It's not often I have in depth discussions too. I enjoy the figures, Soundwave, and just a love of it. If I can help answer questions like ID and stuff, I did have alot of G1 figures. As far as backstories go, beyond the G1 cartoon and the WFC games, I don't know much. But doesn't stop me from enjoying my collection.

Thanks guys, it's good to be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    Depth shouldn't be an issue. There are always people able to help fill in gaps. I normally excel at appearing and actually being vague about topics but unless you ask you will never find out.
    Hear hear!

I've never found this to be an issue with Sam, but among some other collectors I find the more problematic issue isn't so much ignorance but a refusal to acknowledge one's ignorance to the point where people correct and argue with facts and also present their preferences or opinions as if they're blanket facts.

I've never known Sam (or most people here) to do this, but on some other fan groups... ho boy!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Hear hear!

I've never found this to be an issue with Sam, but among some other collectors I find the more problematic issue isn't so much ignorance but a refusal to acknowledge one's ignorance to the point where people correct and argue with facts and also present their preferences or opinions as if they're blanket facts.
    Look, just because G1 ended in 1991....

Welcome back, Sam. You don't need to know everything about everything to enjoy this hobby. I like what I like and I focus on that.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.