Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Big W Toy Mania 2021 sale

When does sale start? Leader 86 Grimlock for $44 sounds like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    When does sale start? Leader 86 Grimlock for $44 sounds like a good idea.
    7am, 15th of June online and in-store on the 17th.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    7am, 15th of June online and in-store on the 17th.
    Huh. What's the postage going to be like? Cos if this goes like last year, online might be the only way to get a Rodimus for a while.

Still doesn't make sense to have the thing start online first when they fill those orders by removing stock from physical shelves...

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Huh. What's the postage going to be like? Cos if this goes like last year, online might be the only way to get a Rodimus for a while.

Still doesn't make sense to have the thing start online first when they fill those orders by removing stock from physical shelves...
    I don't think they do take it off the shelves unless you choose pick up. Last year the online stock was treated as a separate store in their system and that is why once it ran out online, that was it. It was also why there was limited stock as it was only what they had at the distribution centre.

I hope they send out the hard copy catalogue to my house or that I can pick one up in store. It's such a useful thing to carry around to the other retailers who can price match. The 4 week sale might overlap with (wave 3 Kingdom) stock arriving at other retailers, giving us more buying opportunities. Toymate members also get 5% off matched prices, which Toymate should honour since Big W is not a "percent off" type sale (Toymate won't match those).

Folks, Big W has a NINETY DAY change of mind return policy. My strategy/recommendation if you’re concerned about missing out, but also want the best price.

1. Buy it now at full price. Save your receipt.
    2. Open it. Enjoy it.
    3. If you find it on sale, buy it again!
    4. Return that one with original receipt.

They wouldn't let me do that with Sky Lynx last year

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Don't open it. They can put it back on the shelf so a kid can buy it. Surely we have the restraint to wait two weeks to get the sale one and open that.

If you select in-store pickup then the item is taken from the shelf and kept for you at the service desk. If you select delivery then it comes from a distribution centre.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

What's the postage going to be like?
    https://www.bigw.com.au/delivery-pic...ndard-delivery

$7.90 flat shipping metro. $9.90 for you JJJ (just because you're special ). I don't mind paying $8 - that works out to be still more than 20% off the normal price for Rodimus. And there will be other stuff to buy for the flat rate.