Thread: Kingdom Destiny cards

Default Kingdom Destiny cards

When I first heard about Kingdom toys having *random* collector cards packed in with the toys that would have multiple versions, my first thought was that it would be worse than the map concept from Earthrise (impossible to complete without buying all of the toys or tracking down other people's packaging)... because I was fearing that every toy character was going to have several cards, making me think that there was going to be 100+ cards to have to track down if I wanted a full set.

But then reading on TFW (which led me to tfwiki link here), I found out that there was only going to be 15 or 16 cards released throughout Kingdom... but they were still going to be random, which for those not collecting all of the toys (or those with bad luck), it would still be difficult to get a full set.
    However, now I was less interested, as it would just be five characters getting destiny cards. If they were going to do character-based cards with the toys, I would have preferred to see each toy character get a card, with just one destiny.

And there isn't any guarantee if these "destinies" are from anything in upcoming stories (netflix cartoon or IDW comics), so if they aren't story related and are only for 5 of the 40+ toy characters in Kingdom, what is the point of them?
    Like the Earthrise map, it seems like it started out as a great idea, but somewhere along the way, Hasbro failed to implement it properly.

Oh, and by the way, it looks like the Destiny cards might only be in the regular retail toys, as the first of the store exclusive toys for Kingdom (T-Wrecks) doesn't come with a card (or a cardboard flap to house a card).

Anyway, I thought I would post up the different Destiny cards as they are discovered... as it looks like there are waves of cards that are only released with a certain wave of toys, making it even more difficult to get a complete set if you miss some from a particular wave.

Remember, there are five characters, with 3 different cards to each. (if there is indeed meant to be 16 cards, there might be a fourth for one character, or a one-off card for a sixth character)

Wave 1 toys, comes with one of...
    - Ark 1
    - Blackarachnia 1
    - Dinobot 1
    - Optimus 1

Wave 2 toys, comes with one of...
    - Ark 2
    - Dinobot 2
    - Megatron 1
    - Optimus 2

Wave 3 toys, comes with one of...
    - Ark 3 (tbc)
    - Blackarachnia 2
    - Dinobot 3
    - Megatron 2

Wave 4 toys, should have the rest...
    - Blackarachnia 3
    - Megatron 3
    - Optimus 3

Is there any interest in starting up a trading topic in the saleyard? Is there anyone else hunting down these, or are likely to just throw them away?
    As you can tell from the photos, I'm missing Dinobot 2, and since I have all of the wave 2 cards, I don't think I will come across one now... but am willing to trade my duplicates with someone else in Brisbane (not worth the hassle posting these).

Better images from the official Hasbro site...

Now the question is, will Hasbro update that image with the fourth wave of cards later, or, be half-assed like with their Earthrise map and only put up the first part and then quietly remove it from their website instead of updating it.

One of the final wave of Destiny cards has been revealed, from one of the wave 4 Deluxe toys that was just found in Chile... it is for Blackarachnia, noting her as being a herald of Unicron, called Darkarachnia.

That means three of the five characters have a destiny tied to Unicron (Dinobot, Blackarachnia and Megatron), each changing form or name.

The remaining Destiny cards to come out with wave 4 are...
    - Megatron
    - Optimus
    And Unicron is the 16th card, as a reviewer who had a packaged sample of Tigatron, had the Unicron card.

Edit - the wave 4 Optimus card has him as Nemesis Prime (also from a wave 4 toy in Chile), so four of the five destiny cards are tied to Unicron.

That just leaves one card left to be revealed - the wave 4 Megatron card.

As people have been getting their hands on the first wave 4 toys, the remaining Destiny card (Megatron) has also now been found, and the tfwiki page (in the first post) notes that his message is "Unites Cybertron under Decepticon Rule".
    (I actually got one with my Shadow Panther yesterday, so know it is true).

The final line up of the 16 cards, using the tfwiki page and adding the Unicron card that they were missing...