Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Revelation Netflix trailer

Default MOTU Revelation Netflix trailer

I saw this trailer the other day, and am looking forward to the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81wyj65SJIo

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yup, looks like fun

Will be interesting to see how MOTU works with an actual continuing storyline to it.

I'm going full negative Nigel on this one, But I hope I will be presently surprised.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

I'm looking forward to this take of MOTU. I like the way this one is animated, compared to what we're getting with the current Netflix TF trilogy, which will not age well. Also, hoping for better voice acting. The TF one's awful.

Watched it. Loved it.

I kinda liked it as a kid, but re-watching it is not the same for me as re-watching Transformers. Both were low-quality pap aimed at kids to sell toys, but for me Transformers has a certain spark, and MOTU doesn't. The toys manage to fascinate me (come on Big W or Target, sell them to me), but I can't see the cartoon the same way I did in the 80s.

MOTU Revelation, though, does a lot of work to have that spark. And it pays off.

I won't spoil anything here, but I will say this - if all you do is listen to the spittle-flecked rantings of the man-child "fans" who can't get over women taking centre stage for a change (and this does seem to be the big objection that I've seen; tells you quite a lot about these supposed "fans"), then you'll miss out on something pretty good.

Very much looking forward to the second half.

Finished it this morning, it's okay but not really for me although I liked the choice for the major story arc to reference a Teela centric episode from the original series

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I thought about grabbing Netflix again to watch this but I just can't get into MOTU. I was nuts about it as a little kid and had a huge collection of toys until I first saw (G1) Optimus Prime. Then it was all over for MOTU and I was truly nuts for Transformers. This has never truly left me, although after series 3, I did move onto M.A.S.K as a focus, purely because you could no longer get the Transformers I loved in store (Season 1 and 2 toys).

However, I still longed for more of these toys while collecting other toy lines and as I grew out of toys and into girls instead . The Gold box release were amazing for me at the time, I wish I purchased more back then, in particular Wheeljack. I'm sure my parents were like, what is he buying toys for?

The same thing happened with the cartoon. I longed to see every Transformers episode from Season 1 and 2 and ended up spending way too much to purchase US versions of the full DVD box sets in my early 20s (which ended up being released here for cheap anyway). I still enjoy watching these shows, whereas with MOTU, M.A.S.K and TMNT, I can't watch them. Transformers of this time period seems to have a little bit of something the others don't.

As a child born at the start of the 21st century i have never experienced He-Man as many others have. It didn’t have constant new cartoons like Transformers or a reboot in the early 2010s like Thundercats or even a Netflix series like Voltron (though it had a show in the early 2000s i was probably to young to even watch it i was probably still watching bob the builder, the 86 movie and those two Energon dvds i had) but today i got my first taste of He-man
    Even the most casual fan like myself knows of Skeletor, Prince Adam and even more minor characters like Man-At-Arms and the sorts so they really didn’t need much introduction and i feel revelations did it well. Drawing in new fans like myself and presumably old ones as well.

Immensely better than other [80s property here] netflix revivals and definitely up there with Voltron so far
    Just can’t wait for more episodes. And guess it’s time to watch the original series?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post
    And guess it’s time to watch the original series?
    Maybe. Just don't set your expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Maybe. Just don't set your expectations too high.
    I'm assuming it's like G1 and the original voltron
    Turn brain off watch for innocent fun