Thread: Fourth Shattered Glass toy revealed- Goldbug

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fourth Shattered Glass toy revealed- Goldbug

The Cliffjumper mold with a new Goldbug head and the SG Goldbug characters revealed through Hasbro Pulse

• Part of the Shattered Glass Collection
    • Deluxe Class figure
    • Figure depicts the vicious Autobot warrior, Goldbug, with deco and details inspired by the Shattered Glass universe
    • Converts from robot to sports car mode in 22 steps
    • Features purple Autobot logo and 5 accessories that combine together to form a bazooka accessory
    • Comes with the fourth of a 5-issue IDW Shattered Glass miniseries with a Hasbro Pulse exclusive variant cover you can only get with figure, featuring spot UV

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So does this mean that a non-Shattered Glass Goldbug is also on the way? And which body will that head be stuck on if so?

Some speculation of Generations Goldbug with the Bumblebee VW body, his head, and a gold finish. Just speculation but they have the head and the unused again mold.

But looks like this, like Bugbite, is a case where the bad guy can't be a VW.

The original SG Goldbug was a retool of the Cybertron Hot Shot mold so in no way did it have to be a Beetle. Would've been nice though. I do get the feeling we won't ever see a reuse of the VW mold but hope I'm wrong.

Well, I can't use that as a stand-in for G1 Goldbug so I'm cancelling my preorder.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I think this use is actually a bit boring an uninspired.

The thing that made the original so interesting was the use of a large deluxe mould for a previously small character.

Siege Sideswipe would have been a more suitable choice - even if we have even more versions of him than we have of the Cliffjumper mould - but was probably deemed to similar to Deep Cover