Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kingdom Road Rage as US Target exclusive

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Hmmm. Now I have to make that decision. Does Road Rage count for me? Pure e-Hobby invention, and yet another Autobot clone (which is an even bigger mark against the likes of Deep Cover and all the other lambo photocopies), but now also seeing some interesting page time in the current comics. Hmmm. How much do I like my Tracks, and will I like it in red? Are the legs / side of the car front just that bit too annoying? Am I looking for a rationale to buy or not buy here?!?
    I'm getting it simply as red was an original diaclone deco, will be displaying as vehicle, despite the great head sculpt, I like the bonnet flames better. May have to source a 3D printed thing to hold the front together properly.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Hmmm. Now I have to make that decision. Does Road Rage count for me? Pure e-Hobby invention, and yet another Autobot clone (which is an even bigger mark against the likes of Deep Cover and all the other lambo photocopies), but now also seeing some interesting page time in the current comics. Hmmm. How much do I like my Tracks, and will I like it in red? Are the legs / side of the car front just that bit too annoying? Am I looking for a rationale to buy or not buy here?!?
    While the name originates from the ehobby release, she actually dates back to Diaclone. Tracks was red in Diaclone and was originally meant to be red in G1 but was changed to blue before release. You can actually see a red Tracks on the G1 1985 box art.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    While the name originates from the ehobby release, she actually dates back to Diaclone. Tracks was red in Diaclone and was originally meant to be red in G1 but was changed to blue before release. You can actually see a red Tracks on the G1 1985 box art.
    Yes, I know all that. But Diaclone means nothing to me (in fact I've always found the piloted mecha thing even sillier than sentient robots, and a failure of both nerve and imagination). The character, which is what I would be buying, meant absolutely nothing to me until the last few months when IDW started using her in the current comics, and definitely does not date back to Diaclone.

So the question I ask myself is do I care enough about this character to buy another copy of a toy I already know to be flawed. It's a pretty car, yes, and the red version does look somewhat better than the blue... But...

Road Rage is now on the US Target website, but not yet for (pre)order (but is now out in Asia, so can't be too far away in America).

It is us$23, and the K-number is now known too - K41.

Images mirrored here, for when the Target listing disappears.

The Falcon's Hanger has Road Rage in stock, S$33 and S$16 shipping, so order something else too if you want to justify the postage

Road Rage is finally out at American retail... for anyone who has American friends who can get it cheaper for you than Asian sources (or if those ones have already sold out).