Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MP Thundercracker vers 2

Default MP Thundercracker vers 2

It looks like there might be an official announcement coming of a Japanese Masterpiece Thundercracker using the new MP-52 Starscream mould (due out in June). According to a teaser image, it looks like something will be announced or revealed in a few days time (January 14th).
    If the colours are accurate on the teaser image, it looks to be following the cartoon colouring with a pale blue, rather than a deeper metallic blue of the orignal toy.

And it's official, MP-52+ Thundercracker. It's a TT Mall exclusive. Looks nice, but the blue is a bit faint and the neutral mouth expression looks elongated :|
    Last edited by High_Q; 14th January 2021 at 02:59 PM. Reason: added info

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    And it's official, MP-52+ Thundercracker. It's a TT Mall exclusive. Looks nice, but the blue is a bit faint and the neutral mouth expression looks elongated :|
    exclusive damnnnn

Release date - late September 2021.
    Price - 27,500yen (about AU$340-350)

Includes accessories in the images below, plus a display stand.

I find it odd that Thundercracker, a limited edition TTM exclusive, is about 10% cheaper than the mass-released Starscream, which didn't appear to have anything significant extra to have it cost more.
    (and no, Hasbro and TakaraTomy never have redecos cheaper just because the first use has factored into it the R&D cost... it is either factored into all planned uses of the mould, or the later uses are an extra bonus for their profit margins)

I also don't like it being a + MP toy. That is going to run into problems later. What is Skywarp going to be? A ++ toy? And what happens when they redeco Starscream into another deco, as it is expected to be? Or Thundercracker & Skywarp into toy colours?
    It needs it's own number like the first MP versions, or at the very least, a lettering after the number like the 1.5 versions. These are major first year iconic characters, so they deserve their own MP number.

And why do the MP Seeker jets always have a fold-open nose-cone to reveal the radar that is not something ever seen in the cartoon or comics (that I recall). Even though this mould notes official F-15 trademarks, meaning it must be licensed this time, these are toys for Transformers fans not fighter jet fans (who have much cheaper alternatives that are more accurate to the real thing without robot kibble underneath), so the added gimmick that I don't think has ever been seen in Transformers seems redundant, which I find is a negative element because it adds to the cost of an already expensive toy.
    Last edited by griffin; 15th January 2021 at 07:29 PM.

The nose cone opening is something that real F-15s are able to do apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    The nose cone opening is something that real F-15s are able to do apparently.
    I know that... but that was exactly my point - why include something to make the toy cost more to fans of Transformers, that isn't something actually seen in Transformers (that I'm aware of), but would only interest people (aircraft enthusiasts) who wouldn't buy this toy because of all of the robot kibble under the toy to preventing from looking authentic. If the designers wanted it to be authentic in jet mode by having the opening nosecone, it wouldn't have robot kibble showing.

$480 is an absolute joke. They know they can get away with charging this much, since no one wanted to miss out on Sunstreaker and Hound. It’s really disappointing.

This is not a special obscure character or a fancy deco, it’s a main cast character from its most iconic year of popularity. This kind of pricing edges out the average collector and is appealing to the whales who’ll drop absolutely any amount of money for any toy remotely like this one.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    ... but the blue is a bit faint and the neutral mouth expression looks elongated :|
    More official tweets of MP-52+ shows that he is actually of a deeper blue than i first thought, and the mouth looks better too. It looks amazing and so similar to the cartoon model.

The colouring and minimal detail makes me think of the Robotmasters and PVC figurine versions.