Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen Select 27 Galvatron

Default Gen Select 27 Galvatron

Some pictures of Gen Select Galvatron have been released, and boy am I disappointed.

It is a G1 toy deco for Galvatron and it doesn't look like he has any extras included for use with Unicron.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/07/05/...evealed-436873
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

If it did have exclusive accessories for Unicron people would complain about having to buy another Galvatron just to get them.
    As far as this toy's actual purpose goes - being a G1 toy accurate redeco of Kingdom Galvatron - it does the job perfectly. I'm in.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

It's almost too toy specific for my tastes.

I was hoping it would be closer to Galvatron II, which didn't have the red around the chest area or the purple crown (although I'm hoping that that is just photography and is a reflective silver)

EDIT - apparently those details are a separate sticker pack included with the toy.

I'm in

I'm very curious to see him without the stickers - because the crown and the red area around the chest are showstoppers for me, but look optional.

It's almost like the base toy is more comic accurate, stickered up is more toy accurate, and Kingdom is more cartoon accurate.

Looking through some scans of TFUK comics and Galvatron's colouring is rather inconsistent early on, this toy does seem to be missing the red "belt" which is a shame. The UK dropped the toy-accurate red shoulder pads pretty quickly.

So it's not spot on classic comics Galvatron but it comes pretty close and he's ready to beat up Commander Rodimus!

I?m glad I didn?t buy pink-purple galvatron with battledamage now. I?d much prefer a toy accurate version of him. I hope though they do eventually release a blue purple one like the animation though.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Apparently the con exclusive is a reformatting Galvatron that has the aforementioned Unicron extras. Amazon had both Unicron Galvatron and Selects Galvatron in those leaked listings along with regular Galvatron.

I quite like this one, especially the green matrix.

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    Apparently the con exclusive is a reformatting Galvatron that has the aforementioned Unicron extras. Amazon had both Unicron Galvatron and Selects Galvatron in those leaked listings along with regular Galvatron.

Ah, that's good to know. I grabbed the Unicron Galvatron so if that rumour is correct I should get those Unicron accessories. Although if he is being reformatted, that means I better pick up a standard Galvatron in addition much like I do with both Ghost and normal Starscream figures.

Also, the green Matrix is the one thing I like about this figure.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I think he is passable, but not what I had pictured for this toy. The Marvel comic look especially is quite clean with the slight blue tinged grey and red bits. Interestingly, the purple on these photos seems to be the purple most wanted for the Kingdom leader, though it may vary with the light. The chrome silver sticker for the plastic purple crown part is very distracting. It's a shame they didn't want to paint or mould the crown in the grey.

The stickers are quite ugly but thankfully optional.

Not a figure that I am planning to get, but it is great for all the Marvel/G1 toy-accurate fans to get the option.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I think I'm alone in wanting a Galvatron as rendered by Geoff Senior & Gina Hart in UK TF 86 Slightly different to this toy version, and also different from the later depictions from the 80s (and also different from their own work two issues previously).

Anyway, this toy could almost be either of those (because the stickers come on a sheet), except for the belt and the head. Just can't get past those. Oh, and Galvatron should be metallic grey or silver (which is what all the various colouring techniques in the comics, both UK and US, were attempting to deliver).
    Last edited by JJJ; 6th July 2021 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post

What are the aforementioned Unicron extras?