• Yes, only if cheap

1 20.00%
  • Yes, only if (something else)

1 20.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

0 0%

Thread: Toy review - WFC Kingdom Red Alert (Earth mode)

Default Toy review - WFC Kingdom Red Alert (Earth mode)

WFC Kingdom Red Alert (Earth mode)
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - War for Cybertron Kingdom
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - Remould of Siege Sideswipe/Red Alert
    Wave - N/A
    Released here - N/A (Walgreens exclusive in North America, retail release in Asia)
    Approximate Retail Price - N/A
    Approximate Size - 13cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Sports car inspired by Lamborghini Countach
    Main Features/Gimmicks - 5mm peg holes all over body for weapon attachment
    Main Colours - white and red
    Main Accessories - 1 x rifle, 1 x missile launcher, 1x missile

The original mould of this was already very good, and this remould doesn't bring any new surprise. It's arguably a better toy if you prefer it being more faithful to the G1 Earth mode than the earlier Siege version.

BTW, I bought mine from a Taiwanese seller on eBay. It was also available on Robot Kingdom later.

ReD Alert was released as a general release in Japan and I picked one up yesterday.

I'll admit that I love me some 1980s Lamborghini and have had a thing with getting incredibly white figures lately. I don't know why, but I think Hasbro has been doing some nice whites as of late.

After spending about 10 minutes inspecting the toys on the shelf, I picked the one that looked the best. It seems that many of the ones I saw already had scuffs and marks from the outset. ANyhoo, I got him home, to discover there was no Kingdom card included with him.

Is that because it was an exclusive? Are Takara dropping the cards from now like they did with the red decoders from Siege? I Don't know.

My first impression is that he is a tiny boy. A lot smaller than I expected, but no biggy. Robot mode looks pretty nice, although I do wich they'd adjust the cheek sections for this had sculpt as his face area looks pretty tiny. The white is very nice and min has nice decals. It looks good enough as a representation of Red Alert.

Weapons are nice. I like the shoulder missile thing and the rifle. Both are sculpter well. The instructions inform you to plug the lights into the end of the rifle to make a.... an unwieldy looking pick axe thing? It looks terrible whatever it is. I'll just leave the lights on his back.

Transformation is pretty nice. I was interested to see the way the arms fodl in to the car and also that his abs are an extra piece. A very nice touch.

Car mode is very sleek and the sculpt is very nice indeed. They've pointed to the bonnet a bit to slim the waist in robot mode and at certain angles, it looks a little bit too pointed for a chunky 80s super car. But I suspect it improves the robot mode look quite a bit.
    Another problem I have with the vehicle mode stems from the siege mould as well. The black chunk of plastic by the front doors. It would be so much nicer if this were white. I can see that they've kind of tried to make it flow with the window a bit, but to be honest, as Kurdt the goat said to me(Paraphrasing), if you can afford a Lamborghini, it's not going to be patched and panel beaten.
    And that's kinda what it looks like, it's just so out of place with everything else.

Overall, I think I'm a little disappointed to be honest, the scuffs from the box, the squashed face and small size kinda bothered me a bit. Add to that the colour break up for the vehicle mode and I'm not too sure exactly how I feel. Painted rims on the wheels are a plus though. I think I prefer the colours and mould over the Siege one so I like this more than that.

I'd say, don't go out of your way to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    ANyhoo, I got him home, to discover there was no Kingdom card included with him.

Is that because it was an exclusive? Are Takara dropping the cards from now like they did with the red decoders from Siege? I Don't know.
    My Red Alert didn't come with a card, nor did Dirge's (as in the admin here, not referring to the figure ) so I guess that's normal for Kingdom Red Alert. My only guess is because it's an exclusive as you've said, but that's still a weird reason tbh.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    My Red Alert didn't come with a card, nor did Dirge's (as in the admin here, not referring to the figure ) so I guess that's normal for Kingdom Red Alert. My only guess is because it's an exclusive as you've said, but that's still a weird reason tbh.
    AH, must be the exclusive thing. Thanks, I like little cards and stuff in the boxes and was saddened when I discovered that Takara had taken out the decoders from the earlier lines.
    I've only got one more ER figure on my hitlist now, so I guess I've reached the end of the card getting. Oh well. (It's toy coloured Galvatron if anyone is interested)

Yeah, we noticed that with the first Kingdom exclusive that came out (T-Wrecks - which we got before America, so we were figuring it out first), that no one had a collector card in theirs, and that the packaging didn't even have the pouch for a collector card... and then confirmed with later non-general release Kingdom toys.

Has TakaraTomy removed the collector cards from the regular release toys?

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    AH, must be the exclusive thing. Thanks, I like little cards and stuff in the boxes
    Yeah, I've gone right down the Kingdom card rabbit hole. Even so far as having peeled and unpeeled versions of every card and got the "Ark" and "Autobot Ark" name variants.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Has TakaraTomy removed the collector cards from the regular release toys?
    The last regular release toy I bought was... Um Oh, the Ark. That had a card, so it seems they are just following along the same as the US releases.

@ThePhantom,

I hear ya man. I don't really get into card collecting much, but I do love little bio cards and magazines and stuff in with my toys. Part of the reason I like the old Cybertron line. Armada for their comics and He-Man toys.