Default Toy review - WFC Kingdom Galvatron

Galvatron
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - War For Cybertron Kingdom
    Size/class - Leader
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 3
    Released here - Yes
    Approximate Retail Price - $90 -100 ($44 during Big W toy sale)
    Approximate Size - 18 cm
    Allegiance - Decepticons
    Alt-mode - giant space cannon
    Main Features/Gimmicks - 5mm peg holes on varuous parts of body for attaching weapons
    Main Colours - purple, grey, black, red, orange
    Main Accessories - arm cannon, matrix + neck chain, 2 x guns/mini-spaceships

This is the BEST rendition of G1 Galvatron to date. Good size, good proportions, good sculpting, good articulations, and good transformation. Highly recommended. The sale price of $44 during the Big W toy sale made it especially a sweet purchase.

He's a good figure, but annoying that so many are out there with mis-assembled shoulders.

I like the robot mode, the conversion is interesting, but I don’t much care for the cannon mode. Feels like some parts don’t quite lock in place. Looking at the photos above I’m thinking I did something wrong with the parts of the torso connected to the arms.

The TR version looks closer to the movie version. While the Kingdom version looks closer to the G1 version and the G1 toy is not regarded fondly.

I feel sorry for anyone who missed out on TR Galvatron.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    The TR version looks closer to the movie version. While the Kingdom version looks closer to the G1 version and the G1 toy is not regarded fondly.

I feel sorry for anyone who missed out on TR Galvatron.
    I got the TR Galvatron upon release in the states, and it was honestly super disappointing. It has a good design on paper, but so many small things let it down so heavily. It's also peak cheapness in terms of gaps and visible cost cutting. It's a darn shame.

This new one is close to the definitive Galvatron, but let down only by not very accurate or quality paint scheme. The rest, like the transformation (very intuitive) and sculpting, are superb. Some of my favourite design details on a WFC figure.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

So I can't transform my Galvatron, the tab on the back of his gray neck/collar piece does not clear the squarish molding inside the torso (i.e the bit with the printed text) in order to tuck his head away fully.

Is this a defect or am I missing something in the transformation? I'm a bit reluctant to squeeze past as it would require putting a lot of pressure on the pin joints, besides which it looks like the tab or the square piece would require a good 1 mm shaved off which is weird because the tab marries up perfectly with the peg hole in the gunmetal 'back' of Galvatron in bot mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    So I can't transform my Galvatron, the tab on the back of his gray neck/collar piece does not clear the squarish molding inside the torso (i.e the bit with the printed text) in order to tuck his head away fully.

Is this a defect or am I missing something in the transformation? I'm a bit reluctant to squeeze past as it would require putting a lot of pressure on the pin joints, besides which it looks like the tab or the square piece would require a good 1 mm shaved off which is weird because the tab marries up perfectly with the peg hole in the gunmetal 'back' of Galvatron in bot mode.
    I had this problem too on 1st transformation and almost gave up for fear of breakage. If you lever the purple chest it might stress the two pin joints underneath the Shakespearean collar. And you can't push back on the collar behind the head as the head gets in the way. And if you push back on the head, it might break the neck ball joint. I think I just used brute force pushing my thumb against where the purple chest forms a pin joint with the grey collar underneath. After the 1st transformation, it's easy-peasy; that collar tab now just very gently rubs the edge of that printed text part. So I think you basically need to force it. Maybe some water-based lubricant on the tab may help?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    So I think you basically need to force it
    Thanks you gave me the confidence to go for it. Although I unscrewed Galvy's head so I could push the tab from the inside and lo and behold, it slid past near effortlessly.

Tried to do the same thing from the purple chest side and it's stuck fast again feeling like I'm going to break something. Push from the inside, slides past easy. Bizarre.

Obviously I don't want to take his head off every time I want to transform so I've found a method where applying some thumb pressure on pivot pin pushing away from the problem spot will allow the tab to clear. Nowhere near as effortless as when the head is off but it works after a few seconds of pressing and tugging.

Got My Selects version in the post over the weekend and I really like it. In person the proportions look a lot better. I was concerned that he'd look like a big fatty pork barrel, as often the chest looked ridiculously huge, but that ain't the case.
    Personally I prefer the toy based colours over the purple (and the "battle Damage") as a lot of my Galvatron knowledge came from the Target 2006 storyline. Which managed to portra Galvatron as a serious hard-arse. Ever since I saw the Purple Galvatron released, I just waited for the other colour and I'm glad I did.
    I thought his round chunky limbs would also look daft, but they are all right. I prefer this one having black feet as well, as it reduces the look of his cankles. The read shoulder pads are very eye catching and not necessarily in a good way either, At first they bothered me, but now, not so much. They would've been better being grey, but I realize that's the toy influence coming in there.
    Sculpting is very nice with lots of little details here and there and his face is very nicely done indeed.

Transformation is more complex than I thought it would be, but it isn't frustrating or anything. I do have a minor gripe with the parts under his arms that fold out and are supposed to hook into the chest for cannon mode not being very secure. Every time I wiggle the tank treads, I have to reconnect those pieces. But that's about it.

The Sticker sheet is nice to have. I've not applied any just yet, as I contemplating which to apply. It looks pretty good without any and there are some odd choices. Such as shiny ab stickers which would go over his already (not shiny) silver painted abs. I think I will have to research (ie look at more piccies) of him stickered up. SO far the only one I want to slap on is the silver for his crown piece.

I do like that he scales well with other toys. I was worried that he would be smaller than Rodimus(leader Vs commander), but he definitely comes across as a very bulky boy and is even taller than Rodimus. For my 2006 needs, this is great! He also looks great with Cyclonus standing behind him and any other Decepticon hanging around. I especially like that he towers over Bumblebee. Sadly I don't have a Goldbug for him to terrorise.

Overall I highly reccomend one version of this guy. Which is entirely up to each individual, but with the base figure being this good, you can't really go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Personally I prefer the toy based colours over the purple (and the "battle Damage") as a lot of my Galvatron knowledge came from the Target 2006 storyline. Which managed to portra Galvatron as a serious hard-arse. Ever since I saw the Purple Galvatron released, I just waited for the other colour and I'm glad I did.
    I don't blame you. Marvel Comics Galvatron is a god whereas Sunbow cartoon Galvatron is dangerously incompetent. Like comparing Homelander from The Boys with <insert.your.least.favourite.world.leader.here>.