5 35.71%
  • Only if (something else)

1 7.14%
  • Not even interested

3 21.43%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - Kingdom Autobot Ark

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    I am still waiting for mine from Toybot Importz.
    In other news, the sky is blue.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Won't be using them any more. I have started using Popcultcha instead of running around town trying to chase down figures so if anyone else is using them I am warning you they will probably go downhill soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    In other news, the sky is blue.
    Water is also wet.
    The Ark is also $199 on clearance at Myer.

I was playing with it the other night and noticed that the top of his head has lost some paint due to it rubbing on the nose of the ship in vehicle mode. I can see the transfeered paint on the inside. SO I thought, Oh, you must need to twist his head around to make it fit properly, but if I do that, the bottom of his nose scrapes on the collar.

ANyone else suffer this? What's a work around? Or have I just been transforming it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I was playing with it the other night and noticed that the top of his head has lost some paint due to it rubbing on the nose of the ship in vehicle mode. I can see the transfeered paint on the inside. SO I thought, Oh, you must need to twist his head around to make it fit properly, but if I do that, the bottom of his nose scrapes on the collar.

ANyone else suffer this? What's a work around? Or have I just been transforming it wrong?
    The "nosecone" compresses a bit when transforming to robot mode - I think it's just about being careful that you don't compress it before it passes the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    The "nosecone" compresses a bit when transforming to robot mode - I think it's just about being careful that you don't compress it before it passes the head.
    Ah righto. I'll try that out as well.

Question #2
    Can Mainframe be left in the chest (as the bridge) for robot mode?

The fit looks a bit tight, but looks like it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Ah righto. I'll try that out as well.

Question #2
    Can Mainframe be left in the chest (as the bridge) for robot mode?

The fit looks a bit tight, but looks like it should work.
    Yes you can leave Mainframe in his chest in for the Ark in bot mode

Picked this up cheap on Amazon, just $99.

Feel like I still paid to much. The QC is non-existent and the design is terrible. With a figure this size you'd think they could have invested in big, sturdy clips and tabs to hold everything together but I guess that budget went to a transforming Teltraan 1 nobody asked for, along with the accessory budget.

In robot mode the Ark has nothing to do, since it's not packaged with any weapons. The transformation feels... unfinished. Big flaps of plastic hang off the limbs and gaps are plentiful.

The main draw of the figure, the alt mode, doesn't fit together properly on my figure (which is apparently common). So far no amount of fiddling or massaging has convinced it to lock solidly. A titan with an alt-mode that isn't just some version of a robot sitting down would have been a novelty, but it can't even do that right (and again, gaps but everyone knows this by now.

Mainframe is crap. A kibbly mess that tripple changes between nostalgia, a gimped robot and nothing that barely clings together in any mode. Simply having the audacity to rotate a limb causes it to pop off its mushroom peg, and the entire thing feels like the cheapest of dollar store plastic. The only positive is it lets you store the few unwanted accessories this disaster comes with, including not one but two golden disks and a little satellite thing that's probably important to somebody.

This would be a reasonable kit if the quality was up to snuff, but as it stands I wouldn't recommend it.