Thread: Robot Kingdom & Paypal

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default Robot Kingdom & Paypal [SOLVED]

I have just attempted to purchase the Origin Bumblebee from Robot Kingdom (because all the scalpers on e-bay start at over $100, and from RK it will come to only ~$50 with their absurd postage), but I cannot pay for it.

RK's only payment method is Paypal, which isn't an issue - I use Paypal all the time (just last night, in fact). But every time I go through their checkout process, I briefly see the usual screen where I would confirm my address and then confirm payment, only to have it replaced by a screen telling me that I have no payment method linked to my Paypal account. Which is complete rubbish.

I have disabled all my script-and-ad-blocking, tried with multiple browsers on multiple machines, no change.

Any suggestions? Does anyone else have this problem with RK? Is it just that their web-shop is as borked as their postage options?
    Last edited by JJJ; 31st July 2021 at 03:27 PM.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Huh. I just tried again, thinking maybe it was a transitory issue. Spotted a flag at the bottom of the Paypal login screen that I've never noticed before (quite sure it hasn't been there previously, too). Set to Austalia, of course. Figured what the hell, let's change it to the US to match the currency that Robot Kingdom charges in. Lo and behold, it worked.

Ridiculous solution, of course, because I'm charged in USD via Paypal all the damned time and have never had this crop up before...

Anyway, solved, and I now have one saucer Bee on the way. I'll leave this here for anyone else who might want that Bee and/or encounters this issue when buying from RK.