Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Licensed Gen1 Chess set from Eaglemoss kickstarter

After 4 weeks they still only have 101 backers of the full set, and still about 25% of the way to their goal total dollar amount.... and only 3 weeks left to go.

They have announced an "unlock", of a third bonus piece - Wreckgar as a replacement Knight.
    I didn't realise or notice before that there were going to be any bonus unlocked items, but the thing that I find strange is that it is NOT a bonus after they reach its minimum target amount... it is a bonus on the way to the target amount, which means that everyone buying the full set will get it anyway, along with the other two bonus pieces.

They need us$300,000 for the project to go ahead, but this bonus unlock is when they reach us$100,000... so I wonder if it was originally planned to be a bonus unlock after they reached us$300,000, but had to offer it as an added incentive right now, because they are struggling to get to a third of the way.

I don't mind chess and when I first saw the news, I was interested. But looking at this set, I just really find it ugly to look at. There's no cohesion to the pieces and it just comes across looking somewhat tacky. I'll be very surprised if it makes it through.

TFW said the set didn't get funded.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/09/24/...-funded-441754
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Surprising no one

It was only announced a few months ago and had an absurd price not to mention it was beyond niche

It's an interesting one to see as those who wanted it jumped in early and then it went no where.

They really only realised at the end that they might get people interested in just the statues or the book, but that didn't appear to help the overall total.

The set was also strangely set up with the pieces - the Decepticon value pieces were pretty cohesive S1 cast, but the Autobots were much more of a mish mash

I did a quick list of what a S1 set (with 2 S2 intruders) would look like and it felt much more cohesive

Autobot Decepticon
    Knight Optimus Prime Megatron
    Queen Elita-1 Starscream
    Bishop (k) Jazz Skywarp
    Bishop (q) Alpha Trion Thundercracker
    Knight (k) Prowl Soundwave
    Knight (q) Wheeljack Shockwave
    Rook (k) Ironhide Astrotrain
    Rook (q) Ratchet Blitzwing
    Pawns Bumblebee Rumble
    Hound Frenzy
    Bluestreak Laserbeak