Thread: New Transformers Monopoly game coming

Default New Transformers Monopoly game coming

About 2 weeks ago there was a listing found for a new Monopoly Transformers game, and now it has been found on the US Walmart system (no price or date listed).

As noted here two weeks ago, this Monopoly game comes with a Hasbro product number, which would make it the first time Hasbro have produced a Transformers themed set themselves... as the previous sets were all licensed by non-Hasbro companies...

Product listings have been found in America from the Walmart or Target computers, of what could be another Monopoly game for Transformers... which has a current Hasbro product number, so isn't (shouldn't be) a re-release of an older version.
    Actually, since it HAS a Hasbro product number, it won't be one produced by the two companies that have licenses to produce themed Monopoly games. (almost all themed Monopoly games are not produced by Hasbro... as Hasbro produces larger minimum quantities to sell around the world, while the themed sets are small runs that are too small for Hasbro to care about, to sell mostly sell in specialty stores or in a single country if it is a geographical theme)
    This could either be a good quality version from Hasbro in-house with fans in mind, or a really cheap version to sell by the millions around the world.

The 2007 Transformers Monopoly set (with Dreamwave art on the box, and the board folds in half) was produced by a company called USAOpoly (looks like it could have re-released in 2013 with new box deco).
    The 2015 Transformers Monopoly set (with Gen1 toy character art on the box, and the board folds into quarters) was produced by a company called Winning Moves.
    The 2017 Transformers Premium/Deluxe Monopoly set (plastic sides fold open to reveal playing track, with original artwork in the middle) was also produced by Winning Moves (for about US$300-500!).
    (my searches also came up with a Monopoly Junior Transformers set, but it looks like a "knock off" with bad artwork and branding on the box, with no company logos anywhere, and really bad "engrish" product description on the back)

Monopoly Transformers – Product number: F1660 – MSRP $19.99

Product images have been found of this new Transformers Monopoly set... the first one to be produced directly by Hasbro (previous versions were licensed products by other companies).
    The odd thing about this one is that the number of spaces on each side (between the corners) is only 7, compared to normal Monopoly games having 9 spaces.

They couldnt afford the extra squares

After some random lock downs here and there in North Queensland the board games came out of storage and I happened to have the 2015 Transformers Monopoly set unused that I bought from someone on here. The chance cards have a couple of great things for us collecting nerds, one is, you broke your friend's (x) G1 toy pay (x) dollars. The cards that refer to collecting have a grainy picture of a stack of G1 boxes, it's a fun set to play. My eight year old daughter loves it, yes as per the complete history of the game there have been Monopoly fights and cracking the $h!ts but she's getting pretty good at it now. Games have been going for at least two hours so I think that may be wearing her down a bit.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    After some random lock downs here and there in North Queensland the board games came out of storage and I happened to have the 2015 Transformers Monopoly set unused that I bought from someone on here. The chance cards have a couple of great things for us collecting nerds, one is, you broke your friend's (x) G1 toy pay (x) dollars. The cards that refer to collecting have a grainy picture of a stack of G1 boxes, it's a fun set to play. My eight year old daughter loves it, yes as per the complete history of the game there have been Monopoly fights and cracking the $h!ts but she's getting pretty good at it now. Games have been going for at least two hours so I think that may be wearing her down a bit.
    Wow, talk about karma. I just put down the dice to the 2021 version. Ha ha. I tell you what, once you get those energon bunkers, it's game over man...game over!