Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: Haslab Victory Saber

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Why do I get the feeling the Micromosters will turn up in another pack in the future if they don't get included with Star Saber?

I'm thinking of doing exactly that. MPs have become so complex, expensive and fragile that I really don't like the line anymore.
    I still haven't tried transforming Hound I feel too worried about cracks and it would be so fiddly. Sunstreaker and Megatron were annoying enough at times.

With less than 3 days to go, the number has passed 14,000 which means the toy will have its iconic big gun... but still needs a little over 5,000 to get the rest of the extras, most of which the toy needs to be considered complete (specifically the gun and shield).

I would imagine that the numbers in Japan will be added at the end, and will push it past 20,000... but other countries like ours would already be added weekly.

On youtube is a video about the designer of this version of Victory Saber, who happens to be the one who designed the Masterpiece Star Saber toy... and no surprisingly is a big fan of the original character and toy.

Some bits that were typed up here...

• Some short clips of both Star Saber and Victory Leo, explaining their origins in the G1 Japan Transformers Victory cartoon and their popularity in Japan.
    • The scale plan was to make Star Saber as a Leader Class toy and Victory Leo as a Voyager class figure.
    • The combined Victory Saber mode should be as tall as Masterpiece Star Saber.
    • Yuki-san gives a brief explanation about why Star Saber design looks like a traditional Japanese “Super Robot”.
    • The first original G1 Star Saber sketches are shown (designed by Takarshi Kunihiro) which was leaning more towards a Diaclone design.
    • Then, we appreciate the second Star Saber sketches, revised by Kunio Okawara who was the Mech art director of the show. He modified the design to a more heroic anime robot style.
    • Yuki-san was impressed with Star Saber when he was a kid, so he was excited when he was assigned to design Masterpiece Star Saber, and now HasLab Victory Saber.
    • He mentioned he regretted that a Masterpiece Victory Leo was not released in the Masterpiece line.

I wonder how many international orders they have added so far to the HasLab total? I hope there are a few thousand still to add so I can get the Micromasters, because I love Micromasters.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I wonder how many international orders they have added so far to the HasLab total? I hope there are a few thousand still to add so I can get the Micromasters, because I love Micromasters.
    We'll all be getting the Micromasters etc regardless of the numbers

JJJ is online now Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I can't imagine how we could get less than 5 or 6 thousand from Japan (I expect somewhat more, too), and they've not been added yet. Probably most of the affiliate / retailer orders are still to come as well (orders are still open on the web sites of Asian retailers), even with the several dumps so far. So 20,000 has definitely been cracked.

And even without them, I fully expect the last minute surge (which took off overnight - this morning and up until say midnight LA time the orders were coming in at about one per minute) to take us over 20,000 - I mean, we need less than 1600 orders as I type this, and there's still a day and half to go.

When I checked it earlier this evening it was almost at 18500.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Hate to get the tin foil hat on, as there's enough of that as it is, but I have a feeling Hasbro has been holding back on reporting the full numbers.
    I don't doubt it'll get fully funded, tiers and all.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Hate to get the tin foil hat on, as there's enough of that as it is, but I have a feeling Hasbro has been holding back on reporting the full numbers.
    I don't doubt it'll get fully funded, tiers and all.
    You can see the current number here. They just need 803 more backers on Haslab to unlock the third and final unlock. Plus they don't have final numbers from many of the non-Haslab sellers yet. I can't see how it won't get funded. That said, I'd still feel better about it if another couple of thousand people backed it right now.\\

https://hasbropulse.com/products/tra...-victory-saber

Still 22 hours remaining and the EBganes/Zing links no longer work.