Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 313181920212223

Thread: Haslab Victory Saber

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Well shit.

If you want them, you'll have to take it back to EB. And then wait, and probably not get a replacement.

On the bright side , you might not actually miss some of that stuff. The poster isn't really a poster, more just a bit of card with a picture on it. The stickers, well, they're stickers, and I am choosing paint in their place. The instructions would be nice though.

So let me guess, this didn't come in an outer box - you received it in just the slipcase, right? Cos otherwise I can't see how those parts came loose.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Well shit.

If you want them, you'll have to take it back to EB. And then wait, and probably not get a replacement.

On the bright side , you might not actually miss some of that stuff. The poster isn't really a poster, more just a bit of card with a picture on it. The stickers, well, they're stickers, and I am choosing paint in their place. The instructions would be nice though.

So let me guess, this didn't come in an outer box - you received it in just the slipcase, right? Cos otherwise I can't see how those parts came loose.
    Yep. That’s right. No outer box. Just a (slightly banged up) slip case.

I’m not too fussed about not getting the “poster” and I hate stickers, so I wouldn’t have applied them anyway.
    Not having instructions is the biggest issue

Mostly I’m just frustrated that after chasing this thing up for 2 and a half months, I get it incomplete.

I guess I should probably check and make sure there’s nothing wrong with the figures. Since if they’re defective, that’s a much bigger issue and one I would be more inclined to seek replacements/refunds for.

EDIT: I opened up the figures themselves and had a look at them, and did my best to transform them without instructions. and happy to say the only figure that has any issues is Fire. (the legs/ front of vehicle mode refuse to stay together)
    Brain of courage, Holi, Saber, Star Saber and Victory Leo are all seemingly QC issue free. with the only issue I could find being that Leo's wrists and the beast mode foreleg hinge are very tight.
    So at least the main attraction of the set (Star Saber and Victory Leo) are ok.
    Last edited by Firestorm; 3rd March 2023 at 02:48 AM. Reason: updated information

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Yep. That’s right. No outer box. Just a (slightly banged up) slip case.

I’m not too fussed about not getting the “poster” and I hate stickers, so I wouldn’t have applied them anyway.
    Not having instructions is the biggest issue
    So they basically fell out at some point, in which case EB lost them.

If you don't return it, at least request a partial refund or credit from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tranceblade View Post
    So they basically fell out at some point, in which case EB lost them.

If you don't return it, at least request a partial refund or credit from them.
    Yeah, I'll be asking EB about some form of compensation for losing the instructions.
    But given Victory Saber has no QC issues. I'd rather not return it outright.
    since there's no guarantee I'd be able to get another one. and even if I did. it may have QC issues.

Firestorm: There's a dude in Melbourne selling a Victory Saber at below RRP; pickup only, which should be doable for you since you're also in Melb
    https://www.facebook.com/commerce/li...2556764179578/
    The toy has been opened, so you can even inspect it upon pickup.

If I were you, I'd buy this one and refund the one you got from EB.

That could be a good idea, If I really want the complete package.
    However, for some reason, the link you posted doesn't show me anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    That could be a good idea, If I really want the complete package.
    However, for some reason, the link you posted doesn't show me anything.
    Unfortunately it's already been sold now. It was a seller on TCCA BST; I recommend joining up if you haven't already and keep your eyes out for a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Unfortunately it's already been sold now. It was a seller on TCCA BST; I recommend joining up if you haven't already and keep your eyes out for a bargain.
    Oh well. not surprising it didn't stay available for long haha.
    Thank for pointing me towards it anyway.
    And I'll try joining up for that group, maybe another one will pop up soon. Thanks