Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Haslab Victory Saber

Quote Originally Posted by ComicGuy89 View Post
    Thanks nalops. Would I have the option to cancel my order later on? Not intending to, but just wanted to understand the pre-order process.
    Yea, shouldn't be a problem. Could even cancel once it's in stock as there's no real obligation to buy and they'll just sell it to next person/list it on their website.

Happened with Unicron.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    And ordered. Hopefully it reaches its goal
    Same! Looking forward to getting this...

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I honestly did not expect a mere $10 deposit. That's crazy.

The toys look kinda nice. Not sure I'd have it in full combined mode much (the legs just don't work for me), but the two big chunks are good. That lion mode certainly puts Razorclaw to shame

3500 backers overnight is pretty good, too. Could be that JG1 isn't quite a niche as feared. Which is nice; I've been rather interested in Deathsaurus since IDW started using him (mind you, MTME's villain is why I like Star Saber in the first place...). Maybe when this thing funds they'll move onto him as well.

I've not seen any mention of the base mode from the original toy (the other mode of the V-Star jet that Saber combines with) - they will have incorporated that into this one, right?
    Last edited by JJJ; 28th August 2021 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    Yea, shouldn't be a problem. Could even cancel once it's in stock as there's no real obligation to buy and they'll just sell it to next person/list it on their website.

Happened with Unicron.
    Thanks heaps! I placed an order too. The deposit is too good to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    (the American price of us$180 is the cost of a Titan (150) and Voyager (30) over there... so our price of au$370 isn't too far off the cost of a Titan and Voyager here, but we certainly didn't get the same great deal that we got for Unicron here, which was less than double the US price.)
    Do you reckon the price difference might be due to the thing you explained to me recently about how Hasbro Australia have to buy the ordinary toys from Hasbro US who need to make a profit from that transaction?

Quote Originally Posted by SarhBear View Post
    Right now that'd be ~246aud for Star Saber which, like I said, if we were looking at 269 or so I'd be eager to grab this. Would be basically the US price+GST, or the RRP of a commander and a leader together plus a little premium. As things stand it's just a biiiit too much for me.
    I’m kinda in the same boat. I’d bite straight away at equivalent of $180 USD and change plus shipping.

The more expensive the original US price is, the harder it is for me to accept this ‘doubling USD price is our AUD price’ practice.

Think I might even try preordering on Taobao for Star Saber.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Do you reckon the price difference might be due to the thing you explained to me recently about how Hasbro Australia have to buy the ordinary toys from Hasbro US who need to make a profit from that transaction?
    Pretty much... as in America there is only two entities needing profit from items sold in America (the retailer and Hasbro America), while outside of America there are three entities needing profit from items sold outside of America (the retailer, Hasbro America and Hasbro in that country, to pay for their expenses, marketing and staff).

On the plus side, with these Haslab pre-orders most countries charge the backers at the end of the pre-order period, while EBGames charges us when it is released... a year after almost everyone else in the world, which is a lot more time to save up (like with Unicron).

Speaking of Unicron, I think someone at Hasbro didn't convert it properly, and we got a better deal than we should have. Because most items here are double the US dollar amount, and anything above or below that is more to do with the retailer, or incentives by Hasbro Australia just to get a retailer to sign up to it.

I will bite the Zing listing, it's pricier than I would like given the size of the toys, but being a Haslab figure, hopefully it doesn't have the excessive cheapening and hollowness of retail figures, which will make it more worth the price. I already have MP Star Saber but the inclusion of Victory Leo pushed me over the line and I look forward to getting it.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

A certain amount of hollowness has already been identifed (Sabre's inner arms, the underside of the guns, Leo's inner thighs, Star Sabre's sleeves). That's because this is just another Generations figure (or rather set of figures), and selling it via Haslab hasn't changed that; all it's done is enable the production of some toys that Hasbro did not think would sell via standard retail. It still has the modern HasTak budgetary concerns.

I'm not too familiar with Victory Leo and Star Sabre beyond the MP I got back when it came out. Is image 2 on the Hasbro Pulse site of Victory Leo's robot mode?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.