Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Haslab Victory Saber

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    There seems to be some confusion about this. There's an extra gun and blast effects at 14k backers and the flight stand at 17k backers.
    https://bwtf.com/news/haslab-stretch...Za4c09ULILMx0s
    What’s the confusion?

Tier 1 was announced from the start, but should not even be a tier at all…

Blast effects are stupid

The big gun should be included as it was with G1 figures. Victory Leo is incomplete without it.

So tier 1 we absolutely must hit to complete the set. A flight stand…. Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Tier 1 was announced from the start, but should not even be a tier at all…

The big gun should be included as it was with G1 figures. Victory Leo is incomplete without it.

So tier 1 we absolutely must hit to complete the set.
    That's what I think as well... the first unlock bonus is a gun that should be with the toy (if it reaches minimum backers), as it was with the original toy. It would be like doing a crowd-funded Gen1 Optimus Prime toy, and only give us his iconic rifle if it reaches a certain level of backers on top of the minimum.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I think Hasbro was entirely confident of getting 11,000 orders, and so considered the first tier to be entirely part of the basic package. Indeed, I have been sure from early on that they think they can get the 20,000 orders for all three tiers (and so I think that the third and final tier item will be another "boring" item that people will say should have been in the basic kit, most probably the blink-and-you'll-miss-it shield).

Given that we're only half-way through the order period and have over 8000 orders placed, with more yet to come from overseas affiliates such as EB and Zavvi and Robot Kingdom, and, more importantly still, there are all those orders yet to come from Japan when Takara opens it up there (never mind the predictable last-minute surge of orders), I don't think they will turn out to have been wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That's what I think as well... the first unlock bonus is a gun that should be with the toy (if it reaches minimum backers), as it was with the original toy. It would be like doing a crowd-funded Gen1 Optimus Prime toy, and only give us his iconic rifle if it reaches a certain level of backers on top of the minimum.
    You mean the Centurion Drone Pack?

https://www.ebgames.com.au/product/t...ion-figure-set
    https://www.zingpopculture.com.au/pr...ion-figure-set

Looks like they have fixed the $10 deposit to $50 deposit now on both website.

So tier 1 we absolutely must hit to complete the set. A flight stand…. Meh
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    I think Hasbro was entirely confident of getting 11,000 orders, and so considered the first tier to be entirely part of the basic package. Indeed, I have been sure from early on that they think they can get the 20,000 orders for all three tiers (and so I think that the third and final tier item will be another "boring" item that people will say should have been in the basic kit, most probably the blink-and-you'll-miss-it shield).

Given that we're only half-way through the order period and have over 8000 orders placed, with more yet to come from overseas affiliates such as EB and Zavvi and Robot Kingdom, and, more importantly still, there are all those orders yet to come from Japan when Takara opens it up there (never mind the predictable last-minute surge of orders), I don't think they will turn out to have been wrong.
    Yeah, I don't doubt it will reach where it needs to. Splitting up the accessories as tiers just helps keeps the pressure on for people to back it now rather than wait for it later (where it will be more expensive anyway). Hasbro is just playing the game.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Colour shots were released last night, along with some evidence of tier 3 being the shield (but not officially announced)

I spoke to my local EB Games manager today about the price increase on the preorder. While it may have been their policy in the past to ask for extra when this happens, apparently they don't do that anymore and they have even had people put $5 down on items in recent times on items and they have still come in. So we should be fine with or $10 preorder.

On a related topic. I better start paying off Black Zarak so I don't have to find $250 right before Xmas.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Seeing the colour photos makes me far more excited for this guy - I know nothing about Star Saber, but I cannot go past a combiner that has a bunch of cool ship modes

Colour shots were released last night, along with some evidence of tier 3 being the shield (but not officially announced)
    Link here has hosted about a dozen videos and dozens of screen caps... which saves me doing any of the work.

I thought that the "special guest" was unusual, being a non-Transformers Japanese character voice actor that had to talk about other Japanese cartoons... as if Hasbro couldn't track down any of the thousands of even remotely related to Transformers.

And just as I was disappointed about them leaving off the gun to be a bonus item, it does look like the shield will also be a bonus item... and too bad if the numbers don't get up high enough, because it will be a point of anger from fans who will see it as being an incomplete homage to the 1980s toy if it doesn't have the gun and the shield.
    At least with other Haslab items that I have seen, the bonus tier items are not part of the actual main toy... they are actual bonus items that can go with the main item, but are not require to complete it.