Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: Haslab Victory Saber

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    So you are saying that you are sceptical and wearing a tinfoil hat, but you also are happy it will hit 20000? Humans are strange. I've never felt more like an alien robot.
    Yes I'm skeptical in that I believe it has MORE backers than what we are being told. Sorry if I was in any way unclear about that.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    What do you reckon? 23k total?
    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. Unicron jumped from 8,000 to over 11,000 backers in the last day.

Well whatever the final amount is, all the tiers have been met!
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Yes I'm skeptical in that I believe it has MORE backers than what we are being told. Sorry if I was in any way unclear about that.
    So you mean the orders from affiliates and retailers (EB, Zavvi, Takara), or are you saying that the actual Haslab counter is borked?

If the former, well, yeah.

Yes, the former.
    I don't believe Hasbro has been updating the numbers as quickly as they've come in.

Just checked and now it's at 22k. Looks like Sinn was on the money.

This is also how a lot of these kickstarter type projects go - a final surge of backers on the final day.

Some versions try to offset this by offering early uptake discounts but it appears Hasbro hasn't wanted to add that extra complexity to the process at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Yes, the former.
    I don't believe Hasbro has been updating the numbers as quickly as they've come in.

Just checked and now it's at 22k. Looks like Sinn was on the money.
    Well yes, it's reasonably well established that the vast majority of those orders have not yet been added, and will be added as or just after the order period closes, because that's exactly what happened with Unicron. It just makes like so much easier, rather than having to check how many orders you added to the counter the other day for EB, and how many cancellations did they have again, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    Some versions try to offset this by offering early uptake discounts but it appears Hasbro hasn't wanted to add that extra complexity to the process at this stage.
    Given how many angry and upset people that creates in tech Kickstarter, it would probably not be worth it for Hasbro to try it.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

The Hasbro Pulse website has added a 360 degree turnaround video of Victory Saber and its components. It is at the top among the still picture slides, so you have to find it... if you can't see it or it won't play, a mirror can be seen here, along with screencaps.

The current number (which is 5,000 more than what I thought I saw on the day it closed), is 27,353... so maybe some other countries were still submitting their numbers in the couple of days after it closed.

The estimated release date is now saying Winter 2022... but since Winter in the northern hemisphere is at both ends of the calendar year, I think that would be the end part of 2022, as this would need to have already been in production if it was to come out in the first part of the year.

The extra 5000-odd orders were added Tuesday or Wednesday, and have been dropping every now and then since that point (and were also dropping when the total was only 22,000-odd at the end of the order period). I presume this is as a result of people whose payment hasn't gone through when charged; Pulse must be cancelling their orders when that happens.